1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hugo's Cellar Reviews?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BobLasVegas, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi. I have reservations on Memorial Day for Hugo's Cellar.
    I have dined there before, but it has been a decade or more ago. But I really liked it then.
    Can anyone update me on any changes or recent visit reviews?
    For two, I think I can expect a bill of $150 plus, correct? I know, it depends on what you get, and I
    am just ballparking it.

Thanks!

Bob

2. BethReads

BethReads Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's about right. The food and service was excellent for the price. I was disappointed a little in the atmosphere, I'd expected something more romantic and there were lots of
    loud groups and people in flip flops and t-shirts. Vegas, I know, but still.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really hasn't changed much in the last 10 years, except the prices being significantly higher. You can get a good estimate of bill (except for the wine) from the pricing via the menu pdf online: http://www.fourqueens.com/pdf/hugos_cellar_menu.pdf

As BethReads said, t-shirts and flip flops seem to be the new "dressing for upscale dinner" outfit (and I would add tight t-shirt with 60 pound overweight belly protruding over the tight belt, to that description). Hugo's actually posted a dress policy recently, and we saw them actually enforcing it by telling some gentlemen to remove their ball caps when being seated.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a couple of times in the past 3 years. It has an OK old-school vibe, brick walls, table side salad prep, waiters in black tie, etc. I'd put it at closer to $200 for two though.

I'd put it at the low end of romantic, if that's what you're after, because there are some large tables, and large tables get loud. And if some slobs show up, nothing you can do, focus on your date. There's way more romantic places to go for the same price and you can get a good steak anywhere. It's kind of a landmark to check off.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  5. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Hugo's Mother's Day. Plan to spend the day downtown, glad to hear that I don't need to wear a suit all day, if I don't want to. Still wouldn't wear shorts and a tee shirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.