1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots How would you play $100 in Buffalo Gold?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Ruark, Jun 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you had $100 to play Buffalo Gold, how would you do it? What would give you the highest chances of a positive outcome? 100 $1 spins? 33 $3 spins? 20 $5 spins? 200 50-cent spins? 1,000 10-cent spins? Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Max bet always

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, agree, max bet

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you elaborate on that from a statistical standpoint? Max bet can be $10 -$15 or more on BG. With $100 in, that would only give you, say, 10 spins. Your chances of getting a bonus (free spins, etc.) within 10 spins aren't very good.
    Keep in mind that bet size has no effect on payout percentage or win probability. That stays the same no matter what you bet.

5. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your chances are exactly the same on every spin regardless of your bet size. Bigger bets yields larger wins and typically progressive eligibility

6. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true... WHEN you win. Keep in mind that spins are independent events. The chances are the same for each individual spin, yes, but the probability of that winning spin occurring in 1,000 spins is much higher than the probability of it occurring in 5 spins.

For that reason, I'm inclined to go with something like 500 20-cent spins (again, a $100 bankroll) to have a greater chance of walking away from the game with a positive outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no real incentive to max bet at original Buffalo Gold since there is no Progressive. Because it is such a volatile game, betting too high can wipe you out in a flash. I have seen handpays from 60 cents on up. This is the favorite game of a friend of mine and he has had a number of healthy handpays, and his sweet spot is $1.20. A friend of.a friend won $15,092 on a $3.60 bet at Cherokee Valley a week or so ago.

Disclaimer:Buffalo Gold hates me at all bet levels.

• Funny x 6
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No you will have a greater chance to walk away with the slot machine predetermined payout %, which would be a negative outcome. To have a positive outcome you need to play the variance and hope you get on the lucky side. The more spins the less variance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see your point about variance, and you're absolutely right, the longer you play, the sooner the variance will level off and produce a negative outcome. But I should add that I might not play the entire 500 spins if at some intermediate point I get significantly ahead, whereupon I would stop playing and cash out. Of course, that leaves me with the blood-curling decision of "should I quit now?" or, "at 20 cents a spin with a $100 bankroll, what's a viable quitting point?" Maybe, "the price of a decent prime rib dinner." Ah, the thrills of playing slots...... :hmmm:

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, It's completely random so I play the max ($3.75 to $6.00 a Pull to be clear) to:

1) get the maximum should I hit
    2) Earn as many loyalty points as possible
    3) That way there's no "shoulda, coulda, woulda" on the bet.

My BFF doesn't play Max bet. He normally plays the middle bet, and he's completely happy with that. I respect that he is playing within his comfort zone.

I'm not here to piss around. I'm here to GAMBLE!!!!!!!:wink2:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  11. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would you play $100 in Buffalo Gold?

Throw it over my shoulder into the Trevi Fountain 'cause at least that would give me a fair chance of returning to Rome. Putting a hundred into Buffalo Gold gives me a fair chance of nothing.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on multiple things. The questions I ask myself: Am I ahead? If so by how much? Am I down? Do I feel the machine? How much money do I have left in case I do lose this hundred?

When I want to play buffalo gold..
    - If I am ahead by a comfortable amount, I could bet medium size bet. But not max unless I am way ahead before sitting down.
    - If I am down, I will bet 60 cents or depending how much I money I have left all together, I could maybe bet level 2.

I will not spend a whole 100 if I am getting dead spins over and over with no bonuses and nothing once so ever is paying. I would get off maybe after 20 bucks and go on the one next to it. I want to go on something that pays and will keep me on. Not something that takes takes takes. Majority of time when I stay on and finally get something, I do not get anywhere near what I put in back. It is either it starts paying right away or it doesnt and move to another one. I like right away action to keep me on a machine.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gotten 3 W2-Gs in my lifetime, two were on Buffalo Gold.

First time, it was a Wonder 4 game and I was playing 60 cents per hand x 4 = $2.40 a spin.

Second time, it was also a 4 hand machine that I cannot remember the name of the version. I was betting $4.80 a spin, so $1.20 a game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those trying to wrap their head around larger vs smaller and odds of winning.

Yes, it is equal. But then there is reality.

If you play all $100 in one spin, even a machine that pays back 100% overall - there is a very high chance you will never get a 2nd spin. And be done.

If you play $1 per spin, you get 100 attempts at getting ahead.

Which one works?

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends how degen I was feeling when I put the $100 in.

Most positive outcome I expect, is to get a few drinks while I'm playing, I don't expect the money back, lol.

$1-2 a spin is good for me, and make sure I tip the cocktail waitress well, so I never go thirsty :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I just did this last weekend, twice. I did $1.20 on the regular one and got 7 bonus hits, but never got ahead (only 2 of them were decent and both happend when I was way down already). The other time, I did it with the nickle denomination in a high limit room with the $3 minimum bet I think it was. I got ahead 3 or 4 times on that one, but ended up losing all my money because I was going for bonus or nothing, and I got nothing. I normally play the 1.20 or 1.80 bet though if just killing time. But the best bet on that game is hit and run, because it's so volatile and I swear I get the worst bonuses ever on that machine. I don't know why I still play it. I think its thr excitement of having won $1,100 on a 1.20 bet a while back and knowing that happens so it's about the adrenaline rush seeking that "good" bonus that happens here and there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^ All this, absolutely! I don't play this but I see another poster sez there is no progressive. Normally I would answer "whatever the minimum bet is to qualify for the progressive. So, enough to make it fun for me would be $1-2, but honestly, I would only put a whole $100 in if someone handed me $100 before my trip and asked that I run it through for them. I wouldn't expect to double but that would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want positive outcome, you need to choose something else to play.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of like other people are hinting at here, IMHE, I'd max or around $1.50 bet, get a lot of almost nothing piddly wins, maybe if I'm lucky hit the bonus feature before it's all gone, then end up seeing a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    Then play to 0, slink off muttering to myself "I don't get why so many people love this game.:mad:"
    YMMV.

It can get even worse if you try to push back hard all max betting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on max bet... Some machines like at CP have max at $6 or something outrageous.
    If you aren't sure, I suggest cycling through a range of 2-3 bet levels where you are comfortable.
    Switch bet amounts after every losing spin and stay if you win.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.