1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much vacation time you do get / have?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by lsiunsuex, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattyh

Mattyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sig and I both get 13 days a year plus 12 sick days. We usually go to Vegas over the weekend and take a day off. Leave Friday night and come back Mon. We still get comped rooms (still have to pay resort fees!!) and it's worked out so far. In the futures I'm hoping to do a Sunday to Thursday!

2. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I retired at 59...so 365 like nostresshere

3. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I started a business in 2009 in theory we can take off anytime. Last year I took off 5 days for trip to to South Carolina and a week in august for our sons wedding. My wife took a week for a mission trip, that week I worked twice as hard.

This year we are planning three weeks vacation. Who knows if it will happen.

Fall Spectacular...
  4. Topanga

Topanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've worked over 20 years for my organization and my husband has worked less than 10 years for his organization. We both get 21 days of vacation, 21 days of sick leave and 10 or 11 holidays per year depending on if it's an election year.

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED The biggest Degenerate on VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 days PTO, plus 11 major us holidays.
    Works out to 2 days a month...being in California, it's easy to sneak away to Vegas on a 3 day weekend. (fly in Friday morning, fly back Sunday night)

6. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    canada post 25 years, 7 weeks plus 7 personal days

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As much as I want, I work in sales from home. If I need a day or three off, I just don't schedule any appointments for those days.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been working the quasi-tech side in retail for the last 18 years and currently getting 3 weeks (15 days) of vacation. The higher ups recently decided to give anyone with 20 years of service 4 weeks, so I've got that to look forward to. In all actuality, I may take a week here or there, but save up some days to do a long weekend when I can get the time off to see my fellow Vegas degenerates away from Vegas or a quick jaunt to Vegas for my birthday. I honestly don't know what I'll do with 4 full weeks, but I'm looking forward to finding out :)

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can hold 240 hrs a year. I accrue much more and am usually in use or lose status so never touch the 240. Plus of course we get federal holidays. And my schedule is 36/44 so I always have one day off (plus weekends) which usually factors into actual annual leave I use.

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two weeks PTO. Just bumped up to 3 weeks total PTO after 5 years. I just take off extra unpaid leave.

I'd love more, but I'd rather have less PTO with flexibility to take extra unpaid days, than more PTO but where it's hard to use.

And yes, I feel a pinch when I take some unpaid leave, like most would. While I believe in being frugal, I ALSO believe in living now and then waking up one day and wondering where the years went!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a SAHM, so It does not apply to me. But my husband gets 3 weeks a year. However his work is very flexible and he can frequently take a day off when needed without using vacation time, or leave early, go in late, work from home.. whatever. As long as he doesn't take advantage they don't care. We have been very blessed with his company, as I was out of town caring for my dad through cancer treatment my husband worked from home for weeks at a time so he could care for our kids and they were 100% supportive and even sent a house keeper to our house so he could have more time to get work done!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    29 per year right now, I have a bank of PTO that is approx 4 months saved up. If I only had 2 months saved and never went beyond that amount, I could get another 5 days of use it or lose it floating holidays but I like the idea of having a massive amount saved for whenever I need.

13. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 30 days PTO. I do a least one long weekend a month and one week long trip throughout the year. I tend to do the long weekends on the holidays so I can take advantage of the extra day.

14. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    25 vacation days
    12 sick days
    4 personal days
    6 US holidays
    And the last two weeks of December, until the first business day of the next year

15. GrPa

GrPa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After 15 years at my current job:
    21 vacation days
    12 sick days
    10 holidays

16. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 33 annual leave days a year to take when i choose. Then i have 8 public holiday days so 41 days in total which is quite good and the only perk in my job.

17. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 4 weeks/year, caps out max of 8 weeks total
    the usual holidays and 5 sick days. So far, I am accruing faster than using so have about 6 weeks in the bank

18. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 20 vacation days, 3 sick/personal days, and the occasional floating holiday. They also have a fantastic "buy-back" vacation policy, and I usually only take half of my vacation time, so it's a great formula for one weekend trip every year: Turn in 2 weeks of vacation time but only take two days off, so I get paid an extra week and a half of my regular salary when I take a long weekend to Las Vegas.

19. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Retired 2 years go and will celebrate my 60th at Caesars in August (though birthday is in Sept, my wife is an administrator for a local school district). Prior to that I had 27 vacation days and 6 personal days, plus sick time 1 day/month (accumulated max at 180 days). Great place to work but it was 24/7/365 and 35 years were enough...................Rick

20. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 weeks vacation, 12 holidays...not nearly enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.