1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much to upgrade a comp to suite?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Mattwall, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattwall

Mattwall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have 3 nights at the NYNY in a "delux room". How much usually is it to upgrade a comp room to a suite.

If it matters I'm looking to upgrade to a Player's Suite.

Many thanks, LVMB

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine asked the same question at Bellagio about five years ago. They quoted him the full price of the suite. in other words, he didn't get any kind of credit for the comped standard room

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. RDO248

RDO248 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not NYNY but I have a current offer at the Mirage for a comp room and additional rooms for 59 a night with the option to upgrade to a suite for an additional 79 a night. Only good sunday to thursday. Again not sure if you could snag the same deal?

4. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a friend who had a comp at Mirage and got upgraded to the tower suites for $50 a night or $100 a night or something like that. The way she did it was make the reservation first, and then email guest services to see how much the upgrade would be. She said she's done it a few times and gotten great rates everytime. Maybe try that and report back to us =).

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past summer, we redeemed a two night MyVegas spa suite reward. About a month before our stay, NYNY sent an e-mail offering an upgrade to the next level up suite for $20 more per night. Unfortunately this e-mail was sent to the spam box for a few days before it was seen. By the time I called, the offer was no longer valid.

6. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last November we stayed at Mandalay Bay for wife's b-day/eagles concert. we had a group of 12 so I wanted to get a suite where we could all hang out and drink before the show. I booked 2 nights comp a few months before trip and at the time, they had a special on the 1100 square foot sky suite (floors 60-62) for $300 a night. I mentioned this to the gal when I booked the room but she could not help me at the time. she said to wait until check in and see what's available. I asked the clerk at check in and he typed away on the computer and asked questions such as what's the occasion, etc. he then offered the sky suite (I asked for this particular room) for only $75 per night. I couldn't believe it and was stunned at the low price as we are pretty low rollers but had just made "gold" level. I gave the clerk $40 and he was reluctant to take it. the room was awesome and the trip a great experience! Good Luck!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.