1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much in comps did I leave on the table?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mrem3200, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A question for the experts. I just got back from a 3 night trip (Monday-Wednesday nights this past week). It was a winning trip and I was rated for 4 hours $89 average bet on craps and 12 hours $159 average bet on BJ (3/2). I was comped 3 mid-week nights including resort fee at Cromwell, $200 free play, limo to/from airport and a $150 dinner. Since my host cleared everything off of my bill (except the tip at dinner) I figure that he would have taken more off if I had more charged to the room. Any ideas how much more I could have gotten?

I don't really care, I only had maybe $50 more that I could have charged to the room that I didn't, but I am curious.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the winning trip. :thumbsup:

I don't play tables much so I can't do the math for you but this seems about right to me. Maybe another $100 or so at most but this seems right given that CET is not as good on comps based on table play as some other properties and you needed to cover the comp room and limo before any backend comps. Cromwell is a popular yet smaller property and you were there during March Madness so that comp value of the room was probably $200 for the three nights + $150 RT for the limo (I've had a $69 one way charge for a limo on a CET bill), so that's say $350 plus the $150 dinner for about $500.

You should charge everything though as the worst that will happen is that everything doesn't get picked up and the best is that it all will!

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
  3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to nail it down that precisely without knowing theo, and it's hard to pin down theo on table games because it varies by game and even within the game depending on circumstances.

But if you use the one-size fits all $100-for-4 hours-a-day quote that hosts like to throw around:

The $159 avg on BJ for 12 hours probably covers the room for 3 nights with maybe a little left over.

The $89 avg on craps for 4 hours would cover another room night or the dinner plus freeplay and maybe limo.

You might have had a little more coming, but maybe not too much.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not well versed on table play rating, but I think I have an understanding of the comp value of rooms. You meant $200 each for the three nights, right? Cromwell is priced at or slightly below Nobu and CP. I would estimate between $120-$150 a night, based on my experience and recent statements on the board regarding comp rates. IMHO, no way is Cromwell a $66/night property.

Just wanting to clear that up.

And . . . congrats to OP on a winning trip.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  6. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say your host treated you well.
    Your theo is less than $1350 total. 1/3 of that is $450.
    It's good to see all charges cleared by your host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.