1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games How much can dealers help you?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Erik the Whale, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have the goods, they ought to fire the dealer; otherwise, it's a mistake for the house to discourage a dealer from giving friendly advice, especially in a fast moving game with a hold of close to 2%. I would never sit at that table, but dealers influence how long players play.

2. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm... everywhere I've played, it's "hard ways work unless you call them off".
    I have played a table (Plaza) where the crew will just take everybody off and announce that - "Hard-ways are off. Anyone want them to work?", but I believe the common "rule" is the reverse.

3. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also heard "hard ways work unless you call them off", but mostly as mid-roll chatter. But on the come out roll I hear "hard ways and come odds off unless you call them working", again, to allow you to root for a seven even though you have other bets at risk.

Bros are back!
  4. ahalifko

ahalifko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! I hate forgetting to ask for my Come odds to be working on come out rolls. Screw the 7, as far as I'm concerned I'm in the middle of my own role :D

5. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been my experience that by being friendly and tipping regularly things such as reminding you to place your bet, being over paid or not having a loosing bet removed from the table happens. People make mistakes. People get tired (wink)

6. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say this is true based on my experience working in table games. I will say I would not over look an over pay or failing to remove bets but I would always make sure I was taking care of my tippers, "Are you going to play the side bet" "You have been betting $15, are you sure that $100 is what you were meaning to bet". On both, you would be shocked at how many play the sidebet all the time or accidentally put up to much money to bet. Now, if your being a jerk or not taking care of me, oops, I did not realize you bet to much and sorry you lost but oops.

7. OddsWrkin

OddsWrkin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strangely enough, I like to work my odds too. Superstitiously, I prefer to make that decision on each occurrence without being asked. I have had crews pay the odds when I had not turned them on. I have also had crews attempt to take the odds when I hadn't called them on.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you wouldn't play at that table. That is an informational message the dealers will say on a come out roll so the player can turn off their hard way bets. Most time, if I'm the shooter, they will even ask me directly. Not everyone wants their hard ways working on a come out roll.

9. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm one of those guys who never takes my hard-ways off... & it's funny too - even after they declare that, my dealer will often ask me personally, 'Sir - do you want your hard-ways working?"
    I always tell them that I want them working all the time... and until there's a dealer change, that's the end of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.