1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much are you getting out?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 12, 2020.

1. jack v

jack v Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be getting out a lot more now, the Wisc supreme court threw out the stay at home order, the state tavern league put out a Bulletin that every bar in the state can open IMMEDIATELY.:beer::drunk:

• Love Love x 1
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once or twice a week. Only for filling the gas tank and grocery/supplies shopping. My wife is fortunate and has been working all this time.

Otherwise I just stay home, exercise, work on the yard. We still are under stay at home orders.

3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since mid March, I have not gotten out of the car when out and about except once for gas. That was at Buc-ee’s, where they have tons of pumps and no one was around. I do curb side pickup for medicine and grocery and anything else.

I did drive out to my parents ranch a couple of weekends ago, and they have also been doing the same me keeping isolated. That was nice to get out. So, I will probably do that again soon.

I do my yard work every other weekend with a mask. Mostly, I am just staying inside.

I am all for everyone else getting out, and I will keep myself isolated. We need this economy going. I can work from home, but not everyone else can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still on the road three hours per day Mon~Fri. Shopping has been cut from daily to once every two weeks. Fortunately, the blender is fully operational and poolside is a great place to lounge and read, so technically "outside" / "out", quite a bit working on the tan. As for out in the "interacting with earthlings" sense of the word...no.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too much, going into work daily, my wife isn’t pleased and I don’t blame her. I can finally work from home today, but alas it’s grocery day so timing clearly isn’t one of my strong suits. Just thankful I haven’t got sick as of yet.

Weather in DC is finally looking like spring, so perhaps I’ll be taking some walks late at night when less folks are out to get some fresh air.

Really missing baseball season now that’s for sure.

Bally's Nov 6 - 9
  6. rccinatl

rccinatl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing golf 4 times/week for the last two months walking mostly. Golf never shut down in my part of the world. (essential exercise) I'm a public school teacher so I can work from my smart phone. My ball striking has never been better. Other than golf, it's the grocery store - one trip per week. I hope all Vegas and Mesquite golf courses open up this summer. If/when they do, then I'm booking.

7. fudgewapner

fudgewapner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walk 4-5 miles a day, but other than that I don't go out much. Haven't yet started playing golf, they just opened that back up in San Diego. Will give that a few more weeks.

Went to the grocery store the other day, first time in 3 weeks. Was doing only Amazon Fresh and Instacart, but with delivery fees and a big tip (which I was glad to pay), that's not a good long-term plan financially. We will likely head to the beach for a walk at some point, maybe try a trail. Me and the missus already worked from home, so similar to Ken, my day-to-day isn't too much different, except for not going to the driving range 5x a week.

I'm 45, no health issues, so am low risk, but I don't want to be a spreader. Definitely foresee a spike in cases as people go out more, especially as bars and Vegas begin reopening.

• Like Like x 3
  8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a Bad Little Girl (tm) this morning. I did breakfast at Village Inn! I felt comfortable doing so. Xeroxed paper menu, salt, pepper and condiments on request only. Every other table/booth empty.

Things must be easing up a bit. When I stopped at the supermarket this afternoon, there were actually a few rolls of Quilted Northern on the shelf. I didn't grab any, 'cuz I had ordered a big honking case from Amazon. Meat department was near-normal, despite local news reports of a "run" on meat last week.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flour, yeast, dried pasta and canned soup are about the only remaining endangered species around here. Not sure about the paper/cleaning supplies as I didn't venture over there during this week's run this morning.

10. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every week day, as the company I work for was deemed essential.
    We try to only do groceries once every two weeks but lately it has seemed more like once a week as I manage to forget something we need and have to go back for a smaller run. I usually do the shopping as my husband had a heart attack a couple of years ago and though he is doing well, I fear that he would be compromised as far as catching this thing.
    He is working from home and is reaching the itching to get out stage, but ironically, all I want to do is stay home.
    I don't think I have been alone, as in by myself (other than the short car rides to and from work) for about two months. I am the kind of person that will pay for a weekend away at a local hotel just to have some "me" time and not have to interact with anyone. I used to do that twice a year.
    Now I go from engaging with customers and co-workers to coming home to a husband that hasn't had any interaction all day and wants to connect. I get it, I am not knocking him for it. It's human nature, but so is wanting to have some time alone to disconnect from everything. I haven't had that in two months and I fear it is getting to me. I guess I'm the opposite of all the other people in the shelter in place orders. They all want to get out and have contact with other people and I just want to hide under my covers and have a couple of days where I don't have to talk or even see anyone at all. :kill::kill:

20 Year Vow Renewal
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went wild and ate out 5 times this past week. Longhorn once, mom/pop breakfast lunch place (they need the money) twice, Cracker Barrel once (they now serve wine and beer after 35 years of not doing so) and a local BBQ place today. Limited seating at all but we never had to wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite a bit. Did a LOT of hiking on a two week social-distancing excursion (I could work from anywhere, kids could do school from anywhere, so why not somewhere very pretty and remote?). Then we visited family in Kentucky and Ohio. Finally back home for good, and baseball practice and the gym have restarted. And I can go back in the office if I like (I'm going in about twice a week for now), and they'll probably start requiring us back in the next few weeks.

We have definitely been getting more takeout than normal, and I did try to get the occasional growler from the local breweries to keep them in some cash while this was going on.