1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How many loyalty points do you have?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bwatson23, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Barnett

Brian Barnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get so many? This.must be on the desktop version and you must gave been playing since 2013?

2. Brian Barnett

Brian Barnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suggestions on how to accumulate them faster? It seems they are pretty tight on giving out LP these days

3. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have connected MLife accounts and we still each get 3 rewards.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  4. masterwilde

masterwilde Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im sitting on about 1.25m and will be using around 200k for my trip in May

5. Royalowl39

Royalowl39 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on 995k - so close to a Million!

Will be visiting Vegas in June - hoping for a few new high value rewards to pop up before then.

6. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. Went on a pretty good run recently and now have eclipsed the 300,000 mark myself. Wife just went over 119,000 herself! We both get three rewards so it'll be nice to string six together!

7. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just collected 5 free night through MyVegas and still have about 1 million loyalty points left. Through 2 seperate accounts and I'll redeem some buffets within the next couple of weeks as well. Still a great deal.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gaining levels (you get 1000 LP each time you level up) and completing the challenges where they give out LPs for finishing each one (like the current one, helping Panda visit her relates for Chinese New Year gives 750 LP each time you finish the daily challenge).

The big thing is: if you ever get a big pile of chips you are just rolling along in LP after that as long as you aren't stupid and lose them all - I've gone up 183 levels in the last five days, thats 183,000 LPs just from that plus what I've earned each day through playing and for completing the current Panda challenge.

9. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've spent about 700k lp throughout my trips.. I have a little over 900k LP left

10. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how the heck do you level up that many times? obviously max betting and stuff but how do you get that many chips to do that? how many chips did you go through to level up that many?

11. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just spent some so I'm at 423,225

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, betting big helps the leveling up fast.

To actually get all those levels didn't cost me that much in chips: when you have a lot of chips you can ride the variances of the games much easier than if you are tight on chips (all in relation to your chips versus your bet size) - when I did that big push of what turned out to be about 215 levels I was hovering around 10 million to 20 million chips.

The best way to get a lot of chips at once is playing China Mystery - but it does require luck and in order to go big you have to be willing to go broke.

And willing to go broke is key: if you have 100,000 chips and you are playing Excalibur at 300 a spin it is hard to run out of chips... sure you eventually will, but it is going to take forever to run out of chips. But that would go for your ability to level up and complete the weekly quests - they will take forever as well.

Instead I would stock pile chips, getting my daily bonus and going in to harvest hotels a few times a day, until I have maybe 75-100K worth of chips and then I would play China Mystery at maybe 6000 a spin or maybe even 15000 a spin - I'm either going to run out of chips in a couple of seconds or I am going to hit a huge score.

Once I have a lot of chips, which could be in the 400-500K range, or maybe even a couple of million, I will grind levels on "Lost in Time"

And that is how I got all those levels: Lost in Time is very easy to grind levels on and unlike all the other games its bonus system is set up in the player's advantage: when you start playing a bonus cycle (finishing one bonus round and starting a new one) you start with either 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the 8 numbers set for you. When I grinded the 215 levels what I was doing was: if I had only 1 or 2 numbers set on the time thingy at the bottom I would bet only 4000 chips and play until I got the bonus, do my free spins and then start again... if I got 3 or 4 of the 8 numbers set off the start I would bet 40,000 chips.

And I do that because: when you are closer to triggering the bonus round the variance you face will be smaller... so my bets are bigger. When I am further from triggering the bonus (only having 1 or 2 starting numbers) I bet smaller because the variance will be much higher.

And those are my bets when I have A LOT of chips (4000 or 40000), but if I have something like only 750,000 chips and I want to grind levels or work on a puzzle then what I will do:
    If I start with 1 number: bet 2000
    If I start with 2 numbers: bet 4000
    If I start with 3 numbers: bet 10000
    If I start with 4 numbers: bet 20000

Lost in Time can also be good for grinding chips even if you don't have a lot of them, like with 200-300K I might go with 1000, 2000, 4000, 10000 as my betting... under 200K and I might be doing 400, 1000, 2000 and 4000 as my bets for if I start with 1, 2, 3 or 4 starting numbers. You don't need much luck, but with a little you can work your way up in chips if you can get a few 3 or 4 number starts on the bonus round.

13. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 210K LP. I've redeemed for 3 trips though so maybe had 1.5M overall?

I made 180K LP on Saturday (Leveled up like 165 times). Somehow I found myself with 25 million chips...but I lost them all playing China Mystery at 60K a spin Lol.

14. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a little over 150k left now.
    That's AFTER redeeming over 750k for my upcoming May trip.
    The value has declined and so has my interest.
    I probably wont play more than once a month now.

I also used to do Social Rewards, but it became too time consuming.

SwagBucks, MyCokeRewards, Pepsi Points, Marlboro Miles, Camel Points...
    .....all were good programs at first.

15. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with all. My Vegas isn't going to last much longer if they keep going the way they are. Gift horse in the mouth and all that.

16. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still have 150k LP
    I might not redeem them any time soon, but that's ok.
    Overall I feel MyVegas was a success.
    I stayed/played at MGM properties instead of staying at the Venetian again.

Nothing lasts forever, I'm sure that MyVegas will continue to change as the user base matures/expands.
    Acquiring NEW users is probably more important for MLife now than retaining OLD users.

I was kind of salty about not getting a 5th reward.
    But I've redeemed for far more than the $300+ I spent in the last 3 months.

Overall & in general, it's described as disruptive progress?
    Also called "churn" ....it means they don't care about keeping players after a certain point.
    Your value as a consumer is limited.
    1 long-time user leaves, so what! ....MANY newbies will replace them.

MyVegas (as a promotional project for MLife) should have had a clearly defined start and end date for the program.
    It would have encouraged much more urgency for people to sign up and play.
    A definite end date would have allowed MyVegas to maintain reward value.
    The program could have ended on a high note and people would still be talking about..."Gee, remember how GREAT MyVegas was?"
    Instead, you get Day One users griping about how much the rewards have declined over time. (<-----guilty)

I accept MyVegas for what it is/was.
    I'll still go to Las Vegas with or without MyVegas!

17. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have about 2mil LPs.. And I've accumulated approximately 3mil. I've been playing for about 2 years now but after hitting about 750k in LP my playtime decreased to maybe a hour or so a week. I leave it on autospin. During quest and missions.. I am playing a bit longer but it doesn't take long to complete the mission /quest as I max bet everything. Depending on the game.. My current max bet is 60k -80k for the mobile version.

18. bandit1965

bandit1965 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 750k loyalty chips right now. Have a trip planned for August so I will get as many more as I can by then. Plan on spending them on buffets and shows.

19. daveko69

daveko69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have redeemed 9 items on both trips (including monorail/sugar factory/house of blues etc) for a total of 18 redemptions. I now am back up to 186k LPs (Trips were July 2014 and Feb 2015)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.