1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How many days do you take to plan a Vegas trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mason, Mar 17, 2017.

?

How many days do you take to plan a Vegas trip?

1. 1-3 days. I'm quick like that.

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. 4-7 days. I do a little research.

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 8-15 days. Need to find someone to watch the pets.

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. 16- 30 days. Need to arrange time off from work.

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 31 plus days. Watching for best rates on air and room.

47 vote(s)
    60.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mason

mason Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you a fly by the seat of your pants or a meticulous planner for your next trip to Paradise and/or downtown?

2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually about 6 months. Once I have approximate dates I start looking for a rental car and get a reservation locked in. I can always cancel if something better comes along in the next 6 months. If using 'miles' for my flight I book the flight at this time, too. 2 months out I get my airfare if paying cash. 2 months out is when the low fares for airfare will show up. A month ahead of time I book my hotels from all of the comp offers that come in the mail. It's actually become very easy-peasy.

3. slntbob707

slntbob707 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least a month to make sure no one else took off that time at work, check hotel rates, get things settled with babysitting etc. Usually it's a destination trip where I go for a specific event and the dates are decided months in advance.

This upcoming trip is a bit of an outlier as it was originally supposed to happen in June, but, well to be honest I just couldn't wait that long and it's a "get out of town" trip and the dates worked out for me AND the room rates were cheaper than for June.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is constantly checking flights even though tickets are purchased months in advanced.
    If the price goes down she will call to get an adjustment or if better times arise we may adjust.
    Also, we spend a little time here and some time there coming up with a plan and checking out places to eat.
    Planning our Vegas trip is a constant, fun activity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only I need to check is who and where the classic rock bands are playing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first trip we booked with a month or so as it was a snap decision. The next two were about 6 months or even more of watching prices.

We were probably not are trying to do a trip in April and May and the flights out of Canada are ridiculous. They either have a reasonable rate leaving and and an absurd rate coming home or vise versa. We had some free and discounted room rates across a few places but couldn't get the flight and rooms to hit a perfect storm. Sad.

7. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of my trips are on the spot if i log on and see a great offer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally take only 1 to 3 days, call my host she books our room. Book the airfare.....done.

9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I feel it I just need 10 days out then I make a plan.

10. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife says "maybe we should go........" and I have flight priced and hotel options on the table. Planning done.

So maybe I am constantly planning for the next trip.

11. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked the flight, hotel, and car about 2 months in advance after about 2 months of very casual discussion on where to go (Vegas or Caribbean)

We'll spend the next 2 months casually (a day or 2 a week) figuring out what shows we want to see; any specific restaurants we want to go to; keep checking the Vegas EDM websites if a DJ I like will be playing anywhere and probably 2 days packing the week of. We tend to over pack all the time and i don't want to do that this year so 1 checked bag, a carry on each and her purse / my laptop bag. If it doesn't fit, it's not coming!

12. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every year for my birthday and start planning as soon as receive a good offer via email. I will book the room on a comp since cancelling isn't a problem. I then start shopping flights. I would rather fly first class and the ups and downs of those prices are wild and crazy. If I see good times and price I will take SW but they no longer do direct from my city so it has to be a great rate to sit in those crappy seats and have to press the button for a drink for 5 hours.

Four months ahead I start making my list of where to eat/list of things I want to do. Lots of research on here and the net in general. So months and months of planning, much off which goes out the window when I arrive. Not feeling the vibe, hit a heater, lose a crap load, win something early or getting sick of crowds can all change that list of plans in a split second. But I would be lost without a plan NOT to follow.

If I have time and funds to go any other time of the year, it's usually only a 1-2 month advance usually based on an offer, goal or friend.

13. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I start planning months in advance. Work obligations and funds for everyone and whatnot.

14. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where I fly out of, best prices are 2+ months ahead. So usually 2-3 months before, confirm with host first that rooms are available, then book to get
    the flight rates cheap.

15. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride watches the air fares to determine the best time to buy two tickets to Paradise!
    In return, I watch VMB! :thumbsup:

RICHARD

16. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use all of them!

17. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pick the dates, get the time off from work, use miles for the flight, then scour hotel offers and rates for the best deal.

18. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This trip is much different from any in the past, so 31+ days

19. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I chose 31+ days to plan. Being in Hawaii, we have to plan ahead of time because if we want to fly direct, there's only one airlines (Hawaiian) which does this. Although we could stop in Los Angeles, I prefer just 1 plane and a nonstop flight.

Then, there are the rental car rates which always fluctuate. So I'm always looking daily at that. The hotel, not so much, though.

20. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Days? Try minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.