1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long is too long in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Jul 6, 2020.

1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well......I sure haven't hit that "tool long" mark yet.....since most trips are 5-6 nites….next month is 7 nites…. Since I am never ready to go home.....I would love to do a couple weeks just for the adventure & see how I manage.....

Overdue.....c-19
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with most that a first trip would probably be best for 3 or 4 nights, to test the lie of the land and see if Vegas is for you or not. Everyone I have ever spoken to either loves it or hates it. Travelling from Scotland normally involves a minimum of 2 flights, one for one and a half hours, then around 11 hours from London or Manchester. We generally come over for 14 nights, because it is the flights that are the most expensive, hotels can be well priced if you shop around, you also have to take jetlag into account.
    I can honestly say that we never get bored during the 2 weeks, and after 22 visits there are still new attractions to visit, new hotels going up, always new shows to see when we get back to normal times again. We smile when people say don’t you get bored, but those are the people who happily return to Spain or Greece year after year for sun, sea and sand, very few or low-key shows, not much food choice, negligible gambling opportunities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember how long my first trip was but my guess is about 6 nights. went with my friends and there were a group of other people there that we knew.
    I live in NYC and it takes 6 hours flight time to get there and about 5 1/4 hours flight time home due to tail winds. In addition to flight time it's about a half hour to get to the airport if everything go normal, plus security - I get searched every time by TSA because I have metal hip and requirement to get that early for checkin and wait on TSA line. So a normal amount of time is about 8 hours total to get to LAS. The way home is about 1/2 less.
    Basically means that by the time we get there we're already beat. Anything less than 5 nights is not worth the the time to get there and back. Most of our trips are 6 nights, I've done several 7 nights. I stopped counting but I think next trip will be either around 43 or up to 45 trips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I talk to a newbie I recommend 3 nights, 4 if i know they are gamblers or that they will party hard. 2 if they don't gamble and/or might be overwhelmed by the experience.

My first trip was 7 nights. We had four comped by my then-employer and we added another 3 nights. We had no idea what we were doing and also paid for the Prestige upgrade all 7 nights at the Palazzo. We left wanting to go back right away. To this day I don't know how my wife and I were able to pull off week-long trips, as 7 or even 8 nights was the norm, and my (now ex) wife would refuse to go for less than 4. And we did Vegas hard, of course we were also 15 years younger....

Now, I try and do 4 nights, although my schedule often necessitates 3. I find I party too hard to not have a rough plane ride home after 3 nights, but any more than 4 and I'm starting to get burned out of the drinking and gambling - not to mention on the off-chance I'm actually up my chances of taking any winnings home plummets greatly after 3 nights.

• Like Like x 1
  5. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's the first trip...four nights. Anything after that, three's been sufficient for us.

6. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First visit: I made a detour from a trip to California and spent one night back in the 70s…definitely not enough time. I have subsequently spent anywhere from two to four nights and right now I like four nights especially since I am on a plane for 4+ hours each way.

With the current situation limiting the number of annual trips (I’ve been going 3 – 4 times/year for quite a few years and none so far this year), I’m now looking at trying a five to six night trip…but definitely no less than four nights…once things get a little more closer to normal.

7. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a trip that was "too long" and the longest I've done was 6 nights.

I would say 4 nights is a good length of stay though. It always takes me a full day to get in the rhythm so any less and it feels like you are headed home just as you are getting warmed up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Fish and house guests spoil in three days." -Ben Franklin. If you're winning, the chance you'll lose it back seems to increase on the fourth day. If you're losing, the temptation to chase could increase. The only thing that could keep me in Vegas longer than three days would be a great lineup of shows or other entertainment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LVRaiders

LVRaiders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update-

They ended up on 2 nights for this trip, however booking 5 nights during New Years 2021.

Labor Day Wknd
    • Like Like x 2
  10. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So they went with the opposite of what everyone said to do....:poke:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steveks225

steveks225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A week. Years ago(2004), Ii took a Saturday to Saturday trip and stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton when New England beat Philadelphia in that year’s Super Bowl. New England won, but Philadelphia covered the seven point spread. By about Thursday I was getting tired of repeating the same things, and it seemed like there were more places to visit back then. Since then I have scaled back to 4-5 day trips, and splitting the stay at two properties. It keeps the mail coming, plus it provides me the opportunity to keep staying at different places.

12. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 nights. Has nothing to do with bankroll, or time off work, it has to do with pure exhausting and sunburn.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip I would do four nights, especially traveling from the East Coast, as that gives plenty of time to explore and do different things but also a decent amount of time to just chill and take it all in and not come back too worn down.

I think my first trip was actually three nights though it was solo (yep, in my mid 20s almost 30 years ago!), so it would probably feel like four days if two or more people were traveling together..

Of course now, no Vegas trip, except maybe if it is a month or longer, is too long. :)

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you hit the limit of the amount of money you want to spend.

The only time I've left "early", before the end of my reservation is the first time at the Wynn. I hit my marker limit (minimum marker at Wynn is $5,000) and I said to myself "that is enough", and drove home. An extremely long drive . . . .

Well, Canada and Massachusetts are closed, back to Lake Tahoe
    Oh what the heck, I've got vacation and myVegas points to burn. . . .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A tale of woe. We’ve all been there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any more than 4 weeks does me, and I don't really party much anymore.

Used to do just over 3 weeks, as I had to have my Tysabri every 4. Now I've been on so long they're stretched to every 6 weeks, and I try to do 4 weeks every summer.

Did 2 months pre MS, when I still played poker f/t, and that almost killed me. More my drinking and partying in the 2nd month, than anything else, though :)

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip was 1991 to the Imperial Palace. 3 nights that went by like a blur! I think 4 nights would have been better, but with that being said, 4 nights might have gone like a blur also. Definitely 4 nights.

RONA BE DAMNED!!!
    MOVE FOR THE POOL. RONA BE DAMNED!!!!