1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long is too long in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am helping two Vegas newbies plan their travel, and after selecting Palazzo as their hotel of choice, their is divide for these first timers on how many nights to stay. My friend prefers 2 nights, while his wife wants to stay 4. I told them to split the difference and do 3, but that didn't go over well lol.

If you could do your first Vegas trip over again, how many nights would you have stayed?

2. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first was four nights and I would do it again, but that's me. I was at the Imperial Palace and stayed a mile north-south of there. Monorail would have been nice then. It was solo and I think that affects what you do. I'd say three nights. On a first trip, there'll be plenty to do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip was in the late 70's or early 80's (it's all a fog, now). I stayed 3 nights, and was definitely not ready to come home. I think 4 - 5 nights would have been optimal, since I didn't have funds to stay longer! Over the years we decided a week was about right, and in the last few years, we've expanded that to 10 days to 2 weeks, since we can do everything we want at a slower pace.

No one can help your newbie friends, since we don't know their interests, ages, tendencies, gambling habits, etc. Three nights is probably enough, since they can always come back if they like it!

• Like Like x 2
  4. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my first trip (as an adult) I wish I did 4 nights instead of 3.... 3 to party, one to recover lol. That flight home was rough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 nights first trip.

I'm good with 2 nights now.

edit to add more info

I can drive over in 5 hours and i go about 10 times a year. I leave friday at 3pm get there around 8pm and go hard (gambling drinking, show) till 4am. Next day might be gambol, pool, gamble, club/bar till 3am.

By sunday i'm ready to go home. My liver and bankroll and hurtin. And i get tired of eating out.

Friday morning to sunday morning is sweet spot for me. Its hard for me to leave friday morning though.

Also if i had to fly 5-6 hours i'd probably like to go thursday to sunday since you gotta drive to airport, show up couple hours early, land, get baggage, it adds a lot of time even if the flight is only 5 hours.
    I can leave my garage and be in valet in 5 hours total.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do 4 nights but didnt want to leave last time so I'm shooting for 5 this trip to see how it goes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done everything from an up-and-back to 10 or 11 nights. Three nights is about perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, 4 nights for a first trip. I do 2 weeks per trip now but for a first timer, 4 nights.

PHX >> LAS
    Thank You, Wynn
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bonzai

Bonzai Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first Vegas trip was 6 nights, which felt about right. However, it was a "tame" trip because I was 6 months pregnant and we were with my parents! :blink:

Where do they live? If they are spending a good part of they day getting there, then 2 nights is not enough. I would say minimum 3 nights but 4-5 would be better. If it's a short trip to get there, 3-5 nights. I'd recommend that they err on the side of too many nights rather than too few nights. There is just way too much to see and do to be ready to leave after 2 nights! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least four nights. My first trip to LV in early 2000 was two nights at Bally's. It was not nearly enough. Fast forward to now and we spend at least 6 to 10 nights.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first few trips were 4 days and we didn't get to see and do everything we wanted to do and see. The number of days have been creeping up since. Typically 5 is good for my husband, but I'll go out a couple of days early to do somethings that only I want to do.

We did a quick 2 day trip last year and it felt like we had just gotten there and was turning around to go home. I won't go for less than 3 days now.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GREAT call by @Bonzai on factoring in travel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big factor is whatever their budget can stand! We did 6 nights our first trip and I still wasn’t ready to come home but my bank account sure was! Over the years the shortest we have done is 3 nights (always feels too short) and the longest we have done is the one we are coming home from right now (8 nights). I think 4 would be my minimum and 8 would be my max now, mainly because my wife is definitely ready to get home, she was probably ready yesterday to be honest.

Adding a couple days to the trip.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 nights is the sweet spot for me (and my bankroll). I usually do Sun-Thur travel, but will sometimes extend that to Friday as well.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip ever was a 3 night stay from Thurs to Sun on a junket at Imperial Palace. I was a $10 per bet player at that time and lost around $400 for the trip. It was so long ago I remember being asked for ID when I played at table games, lol. The stay didn't feel long enough and nowadays 4 days seems to be the sweet spot for me. 5 days is too long but can be done as long as you fill your time with non-gambling activities.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excluding my first trip as my parents took me when i graduated college and I had to stay in the room with them. However, as a young adult I think I did 4 nights coming from the East Coast. I think that was about right for first trip. I didn't have much of a bankroll then but staying at the old Sahara playing dollar bj, craps was an expensive way to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two nights is way too short for a first trip. They would barely get to see all of Palazzo, let alone anything else. My first trip was seven nights and I want to say it wasn't enough because I was planning trip two before it was even over. But my liver and bank account want me to tell you that five nights would have sufficed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda depends on how far you are traveling to get there. If I were to live 4-8 hours away, a 3-4 day trip would be about right, since I could get there more often. I need 2 full days of travel to get there and back now, though. So when I come to Vegas, I need a minimum of 6 nights to get my fix, and usually only get 2 trips in per year. For Las Vegas Noobs, 4 days would be about right. At the end of 4 days, they will be either completely hooked:woohoo:, or never want to come back again:thumbsdown:.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are coming from the East Coast you need to factor that in. I started with 3 nights but so much depends on arrival and departure time. You might arrive pretty late and either get sucked in by the excitement and stay up 20 hrs or miss out on some fun. You are dead the next day but adrenaline keeps you going. Eventually you get tired. You finally get your Vegas time table adjusted and you have to leave again. You have to leave fairly early to get home at a decent hour. I found 4 is great. To me 3 is 2 travel days and 1 real Vegas day. Of course now I do 6, which everyone I know says is too long, but if it's all comp I don't have to hurry!

• Like Like x 2
  20. postjack

postjack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we have settled into 4 nights for our trips. we did 5 nights for our honeymoon in vegas (first trip) and it was just a bit too long. by night 4 i'm grateful for my trip, but tired and looking forward to going home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.