1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How far in advance do you need to make reservations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV2005, Jul 19, 2020.

1. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless the NV Governor just issued a new order, they closed bars without food. You can still dine at the bar, they generally have a pair stools every six feet apart and if you have a larger party the staff will happily allow you to move unoccupied stools.

2. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I saw, all bars were closed, including those in restaurants - i.e. you cannot sit at the bar to eat. What's more, you can't even walk into a bar in a restaurant and order a drink; you have to get a table and order from a server.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back to the original thread. I make reservations AS SOON as I know who my dining companions are going to be and the date/time that we're eating.

In September I will only be there for two dinners, but I am dining with a vegan FGF and first had to find an mLife restaurant with vegan offerings. Once I found one, presented them to her (the backup was Chubby Cattle), and one she gave her approval, booked the restaurant.

Restaruant reservations:

IMHO, better to have one and cancel, than not have one and be stuck with In 'n Out.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Last trip of the year. Closing out at "poor Man's Circa"
    Happy Birthday to me!!! Food folks, and fun!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just changed my trip plans from this weekend to August 13-17. Yesterday I was able to make reservations easily for a dinner Saturday night at Mastro’s Oceans Club and a breakfast Friday morning at Mon Ami Gabi. We’re just going to wing other meals.

Hubby’s birthday and anniversary trip.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can categorically tell you that unless something has changed in the last 24 hours (which I can't rule out), you cannot dine at bars at Strip hotels. At Aria, MGM, and Bellagio, they've removed all barstools even from restaurants without gaming.

6. david giusti

david giusti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also everything is so fluid right now and by the time you get there everything could be changed. Sisolak seemed pretty hopeful to be able to open up bars in Clark County next week as long as the numbers keep trending down as of right now they are.

7. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m hoping... I need some spots book Cosmo bar tops in my life!

Tis the season!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I'm not holding my breath for this. I think bars will be closed down for quite a while. I hope I'm wrong, though.

9. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm leaving Monday for a rare solo trip. I'm driving from Phoenix.

We've set a few daily heat records this week. I'm used to wearing the mask in this heat. Not a big deal. But there's NO WAY IN HELL I would eat anywhere outside! It doesn't matter what time during the day it is right now. It's HOT out this way!

I'm a little surprised at the big changes in dining options. HHAGG has gone from 24 hours to 8am-2pm. Food Court at Flamingo is closed and Food Court at CP has only 2 places open.

The only upscale place I am considering is Bugsy and Meyer's. And being solo, if I don't make it there, no biggie. Most of my meals will be whenever I'm hungry. If that means White Castle or Ellis Island at 3am, works for me. I'll probably grab some meals to go and eat the room and relax.

My host said that during the week, unless you have a huge group, you should be able to get in anywhere, restaurants or pools. He said this coming week, based on bookings and the way weekdays have been, is looking especially dead. I'm good with that, as I prefer my Vegas not crowded and crazy, especially during the current situation.

As far as dining solo goes, it doesn't bother me one bit. And I would simply tell you to not let it bother you. There's only a few select people in my life who I care what they think of me. And none of them will be in Vegas when I'm there. So I'm just going to enjoy it and do my own schedule and things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm officially a senior citizen - What is an FGF?

11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Fantasy Girl Friend" - a desirable but otherwise unattainable female who will accompany you to a meal or other activity and (me) having no expectation of anything further than the meal or activity.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Last trip of the year. Closing out at "poor Man's Circa"
    Happy Birthday to me!!! Food folks, and fun!!
  12. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL- Maybe it won’t be a fantasy.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually pretty optimistic, which is the opposite of my usual M.O. -- he's said in press conferences that in retrospect, he thinks the blanket closure, as opposed to more targeted enforcement, was a bit of a mistake.

Overall, I think people haven't fully adapted to the new "normal", and I was able to make a reservation for Javier's last night for early afternoon today. But I would generally recommend reservations whenever you're on the fence.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do hope you're right about the bars. When traveling solo I really prefer to eat my dinners at an actual bar, rather than at a reserved table. It's sort of awkward to me to dine alone at a table.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going the Aug 14th weekend and have made reservations from about a month out and even last weekend.

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to read that Grimaldi's was opened. Have been trying to get back to that place for the past few trips.

17. aspenq

aspenq Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoped that we'll see some loosening of restrictions (bars) at his press conference yesterday - unfortunately no change to the 4 counties where bars have to stay closed :/

18. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been you can pretty much walk in to any restaurants on the strip. It is not that busy.