1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you piss off time share touts

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by technolight, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, why respond or get involved at all? Just keep walking. You don't owe any of these people your time or energy.

Bill

2. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes it aint that easy especially when they try and stand directly in front of you , and I just like to have a few smart arse answers ready.

3. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they say, "How long are you guys in town?"... I tell them I had my wallet stolen and ask to borrow $30 for a taxi back to Palace Station.

4. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had one of the aggressive guys walk right up to me quickly... I acted like I didn't see him until I was just about to walk into him.

I jumped back like he was about to attack me and I was about to defend myself. I loudly asked him why he was coming up to me like that.

He jumped back about 10 feet... I think I scared the poor fella.

I growled at him and kept walking.

Some lady saw the whole thing. I think she noticed my expression immediately change from the snarling growl to my "I'm totally amused with myself" expression as soon as I got past the TS guy. She told me she was going to try that next time.

5. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 71, solo, and have a lean build. I tell them I'm terminally ill.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see why it's got to be a big production. Walk past and say no. If one got aggressive with me or got into my personal space, I think I'd make like I'm about to throw up. I'm pretty sure that would get them away from me.

7. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats the kind of answer I am after , you don't mind if I borrow it , do you?

8. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really get the whole Time Share thing anyway. I mean what's the point of owning one?
    It seems most people are paying upfront for something they may or may not ever use.
    So why would you want to stay in a beat up Time Share over a beautiful room at a resort?

It's like being on a cruise and someone on-board is trying to sell you a boat.
    Seems anyone I've ever met that owned a Time Share is always trying to unload it.
    I just don't see the value in it.

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A simple line I used in the past

Tell them your a travel agent.I,ve never had one try to get physically intimidating with me,god help the first one.

10. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very good ideaas!!

you know what im thinking of doing is having my buddy make me a shirt that says "I DONT WANT YOUR TIMESHARE" and see if they can read... just for a few hours I wouldnt wear it the entire trip LOL just to see responses...

Although reading this post just had me remember about them... geeez. We went last trip cause we had a few hours to burn and figured their "2 hours at most" presentation wouldnt be too bad. Plus dinner and $125 in free play cant beat it... well after I figured what my wife and I make an hour to actually work it wasnt as good a deal as I thought LOL. we ended up spending 3 hours with them, they did offer a good deal at the end since we ended up being the last people... i think it was $600 or 700... for their highest points package... use wherever I want and at end of year I can either just stop or I can apply that money to a new lifelong package. The points would have got me a crazy stay at a nice resort for a few weeks or I could have stayed in town for a month downtown pretty much -- well worth it -- just didnt wanna spend the $700.

11. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was married, my wife and I made a trip out and I remember a time share person at the boardwalk stopped us and asked if we were married, I said nope that u just picked this lady up at the corner and am on the clock. The embarrassment on the wife's face was priceless

12. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just say no thanks.

They are working so i dont want to waste their time.

You might be suprised that a lot of people own time shares in vegas and enjoy them.

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the same

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been asked that too and we reply "yes, but not to each other". Sometimes that gets a laugh, sometimes a head shake.

Most times we just walk on by and say no thanks.

Beth

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they usually ask if you will be in town tonight or tomorrow, we usually respond that we are leaving later that day even if we just arrived.

16. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to be honest and say on only have been bothered once with the timeshare mob, that was first visit nearly 4 years ago, have delt with them in Spain and Gran Canaria and I sussed what they were upto and declined and walked away.

The last time I was there never got mithered once, I must have the poor look about me, I have ceratinly had worse dealings in Gran Canaria, nearly came to blows with a guy once as he wouldn't get out of my way.

17. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been approached by a time share guys, I always get the drug dealers.

18. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly might be.

19. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Never had a problem with anyone on the strip....keep walking and a no thanks. Sure its annoying every 10feet theres another one....

20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I very assertively shake my head or give them the push-off wave. I really don't mind being a bit rude with them, since they are being rude by interrupting my time!

For a while, my brother and I would play games with them and try to make them break character or lose track of what they were supposed to be doing. We lost interest, kinda ...

The best reactions we got were around the holidays when the conversation often went like this ...

TSDweeb: Hi, and Merry Christmas.
    Me: Happy Hanukkah!
    TSDweeb: Oh, I'm sorry (or some such)
    Me: I know, we don't look it.
    TSDweeb: {blank stare}

Or this one ...

TSDweeb: Hi, where you folks from?
    Me: Omaha
    Brother: Santa Monica
    TSDweeb: Oh, I thought you were together.
    Me: We are, we just met.

Or a variation of the above when they ask how long you are in town for ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.