1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you create a trip report?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Cheesedog, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey gang,
    i feel like this is going to sound like a dumb question but I need to ask it anyway. How exactly do you guys create these awesome trip reports? I can't imagine people write all these wonderful reports on their phones do they?
    I really love reading them and I'm heading to Vegas on Saturday and was thinking of trying to take a stab at it.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends. Some people do Live Trip Reports and often from their phones. I prefer to do them day by day from my laptop, because I have clumsy thumbs on my phone. Some people wait and do a recap after they are home.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops.. there are those clumsy thumbs again. Forgot to add:

Welcome to VMB!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Cheesedog!
    I love to read live TRs, but I don't have a phone or tablet to do one myself.
    I'm usually way too busy trying to find Secret Pizza or avoiding the CD dudes anyway! :faint:

So, I do the TR once I get home.
    My bride just surprised me with a brand new camera. I can't wait to try it out in Vegas!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 2
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G., but N.A.H.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take breaks during the day to update if I'm doing a lot of things, but pretty much always post each night, along with pictures.

I focus on things that I think will be interesting to those who DON'T come to Las Vegas a lot, like pictures of the rooms, room layout, bathroom size, placement and size of the safe.

When out and about, I take pictures of thing that will change during the year, like the Bellagio conservatory or floral arrangements at Venetian/Palazzo.

And, when I eat, I ALWAYS take pictures of the food. (Unless I have a brain fart from hitting a jackpot of something like that . . .)

I stay away from taking pictures of people (invasion of privacy) and things that you'd see every day.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Lake Tahoe/Reno for Thanksgiving, showing these 2 properties some love
    Las Vegas - $2900 Free Play, $159 R/T, couldn't pass it up.
  6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of wing it from memory when I get back, but some folks take notes and start writing upon their return. Photos are a great way of remembering events of importance. Or not. I think it's a great way of giving back to those on the board who rendered advice that improves the experience.

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!

I usually just go from memory. Last summer I did my first solo trip. For that one I did a Live report so my wife could enjoy it from home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I personally did was take a ton of pictures on my past trip and as I went through them all when I got home I formulated my thoughts then put it together. It was my first stab at a trip report and decided to use a blog in which it was easy to save and upload photos. Mine is included in my signature at the moment of my last trip last month. Welcome to the forums!!!

• Like Like x 1