1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How about them Golden Knights!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by JRRestoule, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no problem jumping ship and becoming a Golden Knights fan.....the transition from Leafs to Knights may be easier than from the Habs though. Saw a sparkly GK jersey at Caesars and kicking myself for not buying it. Next time.

Kelly Clarkson and Keith Urban Concerts
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but, you were a Leafs fan...

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Hockey fan, born and raised in Beantown therefore i am a diehard Bruins fan. Lived in LA since the late 70's, so i'm also a diehard Kings fan.
    I love Vegas and happy that the Golden Knights have made an impact in Hockey and the City.
    However, with that being said, the Knights will no longer be in shining armor when my Kings show how winning is done in the playoffs starting next week.

Your reign is over Vegas, our reign is just beginning.......:wave:

• Love Love x 1
  4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Die hard Flyers fan here. I do believe the Kings can go deep. Jeff Carter came on strong after his return from injury.

BTW, I would have to say that the Kings had one of the greatest runs to the Cup since I have been watching hockey, which is 1968.

5. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze, i used to love to hate the Broad Street Bullies growing up in Boston. The early 70's was a great time for real hockey fans.
    Dave Shultz, Bobby Clark, Bernie Parent. We had Bobby Orr, Johnny Bucyk, and Terry O'Reilly, who squared off with Davey many times.

As you know, the Flyers and Kings came into the League at the same time, and both teams were in the Western Division.
    I used to have seasons seats for the Bruins fron '69-'74. I never had seasons seats for the Kings but went to many games. especially after Gretzky came on board.
    But moving to LA, with so many other things to do, like Vegas, i just watch the games on TV most of the time. Different mindset out here.
    Anze Kopitar is one of the best two way players in the league, Jeff Carter and Dustin Brown and Drew Doughty have been fanstatic, but it all comes down to Quick. He has had an up/down season, he's the key once again.

6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent post. I had a Flyers season ticket from ‘72 to ‘79. Almost every team had some great players and many future HOF’ers. Those were great days and I saw some great hockey. Not nearly as fast as today, but those boys came to play and gave it their all.

A true golden age of hockey and I was very fortunate to witness it.

7. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious on your thoughts regarding Lindros.

8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was a force to be reckoned with. Did it all. Deserves HOF. I saw a game in Washington where he took the puck behind his own net and skated around the entire Capitals team and scored.

The leader of the Legion Of Doom.

His career ended way too early thanks to Scott Stevens.

9. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That year off due to concussions changed his effectiveness. He just wasn't as dominant, he tried not to be such a physical force and his game suffered. He is one of those guys who make you think "If he wasn't injured, what would he have done?".

• Like Like x 1
  10. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 win down... 15 to go!!

Probably won't happen, but holding on to a sliver of hope...
  11. STPFan

STPFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm smiling today. My favorite and second favorite teams are both 1-0. The late night was worth it. Go Knights.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a humiliating beat down. There's nothing I can say.

13. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip to Vegas is on June 5. I'd love nothing more than to see the Knights host a Stanley Cup final game on or around that date!

• Like Like x 1
  14. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 wins down... 14 to go!!

Probably won't happen, but holding on to a sliver of hope...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The League wants Vegas to win, that's why Drew Doughty was suspended. The NHL suspended Drew for a hit that never should of even gotten a penalty. The Kings lost him and were also shorthanded of defenseman. The Kings played gallantry for 2 overtimes, but due to the fact the NHL wants Vegas to succeed, they forced the Kings to play over 100 minutes shorthanded.
    By the way, the "injured" player was not injured, he was back on the ice.

I was hoping that if the Kings lose the series, then i would be pulling for Vegas. That's out the window now, hoping Vegas gets swept out of the playoffs next round. Then hopefully next season they finish in the cellar where they belong.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't agree on your assessment of the hit. Doughty hit him in the head with his shoulder. That's a hit the league is trying to get out of the game, and with good reason due to concussions and the lawsuit pertaining to concussions. It wasn't an intentional hit to the head though, but they need to make the players more accountable.

Now Kadri's hit was intentional and worthy of the the games he was suspended for. That was definitely dirty.

The NHL definitely wanted Vegas to be successful. They had doubts that the team would get fan support if they had the typical expansion franchise first year. Not many well established teams can sellout a tonne of games when they're bottom feeders. The NHL setup the expansion draft so Vegas could flirt with a playoff spot and not have a roster full of 4th line scrubs. That plan appeared to backfire after Vegas chose not to pick some of the more higher profile players made available. Gerard Gallant proved the naysayers wrong by properly bringing the team together as a well oiled machine. They don't have a true superstar but they have guys who can get the job done and their team speed is unreal. They may make it to the 3rd round but it stops there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the NHL wanted to cheat the Knights to the Cup, it would have been a 6-1 game, not a game eeked out in double overtime.

Sour grapes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on the fence about the Doughty hit. I would have been okay either way. But since I'm on the Vegas bandwagon, it was a bonus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Reom_76

Reom_76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a huge Kings fan, have been for 25 years, and while I don't think there's a conspiracy, I do feel like the officiating is iffy. If the Kings touch Fleury at all they seem to get whistled. Meanwhile there were a few times where Quick got run into and nothing happened. I also think Doughty's suspension was questionable, especially when McNabb elbowed Kopitar in the head behind the play in game 2 with no whistle or supplemental issue.

The Kings' PP is pretty terrible (as is their offense overall) this series so I don't think the outcomes would be much different but some consistency both ways would be nice.

20. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NHL knew that the Kings would never give up 6 goals in a playoff game, even without Doughty. So the NHL decided that having the new kids on the block, who have become the darlings of the ice, and the Kings, who used to practice in Vegas in preseason games, would benefit with the rivalry and have the longest game in Kings history.
    Which brings me back to my original point,
    Drew Doughty has been the leader in playing time for the Kings as far as minutes as well as potentially being named DOY this year. By suspending him unjustly, the Kings were forced to play a couple of rookies because of no Doughty and no Muzzin (injured).
    So what happens? You have the Kings play their longest game in history which in affect/effect, had the Kings dead tired. Only Qiuck was there to defend.
    Vegas had the only offense for most of overtime, and finally the NHL go what they wanted.

Hockey is a team game where 1 goal can be the difference. It's too bad the Kings had to endure a penalty kill for almost 5 periods.
    Thanks Gary.............you deserve a 2 for 1 buffet at Circus Circus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.