1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel Transfers Will No Longer Count Towards Southwest Companion Pass

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by worldtraveler, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveler

worldtraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found this on a third party site

Update 1/1/17 2:56pm: Southwest has provided the following statement confirming the change:

We’re working to protect the integrity and value of Southwest’s industry-unique Rapid Rewards® Companion Pass by closing a loophole that previously allowed Members to transfer mileage and points from other partner loyalty programs toward qualification for a Companion Pass. As we closed this loophole, we also updated our terms and conditions which now clarifies that points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club will no longer count toward qualification for a Companion Pass. Members will continue to earn Companion Pass benefits through paid flights flown on Southwest, points earned through spend with Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit cards, and base points earned through transactions with Rapid Rewards partners.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be expected. Lots of talk on the travel boards.

To clarify, you can still earn Companion Pass with credit card spend, sign up bonus and miles flown.

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    biggest one is still works for sign up bonus which is usually 50,000 miles

4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer, my company always transfers Diners Points to my account in November to help me get my companion pass for my hubby. Oh well, it's been a nice 8 yeear free ride for him. At least we have a boat load of diners points so those can be transferred used like the ones I'm able to transfer from our other company Chase card.

Hubby’s birthday and anniversary trip.
  5. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.