1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hotel security at the room elevators

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by golfer1903, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^I do wonder if security for Sahara was because of the proximity to hallway to monorail. Might have been easy for a crook to break in, exit out to there & disappear

Easter again..:
  2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this.MGM has had a security guard in the elevator lobby but not checking any keys.

I have had parties and meetings in the hospitality suites and penthouse suites in Aria and either had to come down and meet the guests or talk to the security guard that they will mention my name and to let them up.

The keycard checking is not really the gold standard to prevent determined criminals but may discourage someone with bad intent.
    This is also the reason the hotels change the color and design on their keycards every few months.

The only place that I can recall had ceiling cameras in the hotel hallways was the MGM Grand.
    It always seemed like something that should be in every hotel but is not.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they scan the card as they do at so,e pools it can be a card from a previous stay. Surely Wynn is checking as it seems (from an earlier post) they check ID for any number of purposes.

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too recent, but on our stay a couple of years ago, our room key was scanned/checked each and every time at the podium before the elevators.

RICHARD

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same experience here.

Yes for Wynncore, V/P, Aria and Bellagio. No on Delano and Cosmo (other than years ago when the elevator thing was still happening).

Wynncore and Bellagio seem to be the most consistent in enforcing the rule, in my experience.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old Sahara was always hit and miss. They had the podiums (podia?) there all the time but the guards would only camp out at them for a while and then wander elsewhere. Most of the time they would not even ask for keys, it was like they were kinda taking a break there. :)

7. Mr.TDub

Mr.TDub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far none of the hotels I have stayed at have them to include Caesars and PH. I remember the times I went for NYE, MGM and Caesars had ramped up security checking for keys.

I personally don't like it lol. Sometimes I might meet someone I like and give them my room #. I don't need them getting stopped hahahahahaha.

8. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage does check keys at night so maybe you didn't stay down stairs late in the evening and Wynn and Bellagio check all the time

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Mirage is hour dependent. Harrah's KC never required that when I stayed there, but St. Louis (now Hollywood) does. The Linq in Vegas does too. Both are sorta annoying as the STL elevators don't always read. At the Linq, you have less than one second to push the button.

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage mostly checks at night. TI does have security most of the time.

11. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is some people want to find out if it is easy to sneak into the towers/hallways/rooms.
    Certainly some hookers do that, not a secret.
    I even heard some lowlifes sneaking into the hallways to get leftover food from room service carts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was where it was. We haven't gone back since it converted from CET to Hollywood. I loved that location as we like to go eat in StCharles at night. I'd call & see if Hollywood would offer me anything but we will have 3 year old grandson with us on next trip so I think I'm sunk on gambling & will be paying for every hotel room lol.

Easter again..:
  13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the fact that V/P has a guard on duty at the desk and they're very diligent about checking

My local has the thing where you have to slide your room key into the elevator to have access. That would be a great thing to see in Vegas

14. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seen them doing it at Excalibur last week. Harrahs even had someone ensuring keys were present when going to the room after 9pm, but not checking to see if they were valid. I went to my room one evening and seen a flyer from a pizza shop on the floor that was slid under the door.

Bellagio does during the day, seen security stop a guy trying to go to the elevators with no key.

15. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Luxor had that for the tower elevators the last time I stayed there (which was a long time ago)

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had that at conference hotel in Dallas & Orlando. 5 star facilities. Really annoyed me for some reason.

Easter again..:
  17. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't checked in to it lately, but with MGM properties they were always: if the elevators were locked (required key swipe to unlock a floor) then there was no security guard checking room keys, and if the elevator wasn't locked then there was

18. Sweetsugar

Sweetsugar Tourist

Mirage and MGM last year not.

19. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I have experienced this was at Caesars at the Octavious Tower (2013) and at Plaza South Tower and El Co Cabana Suites.

20. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria had security personnel day and night!

Tim:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.