1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Hotel availability calendars

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by golfguy, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know how often the calendars are updated that show the availability to book certain nights at the various hotels?? I have been hoping to see some nights in late March or early April open up for Monte Carlo, but it seems like the calendar hasn't been updated in weeks.

If you call the redemption number, is it possible they will be able to give you dates that are not color shaded on the current calendars??

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the terms and conditions of all of the current hotel room rewards state they are only valid through the end of March 2014. I suspect that's why you're not seeing anything for April. Not sure about why there are not more dates for March as of yet.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For online booking a lot of places don't let you book more than 6 months out since so much can happen/change before then.

You ask about phoning in... not sure why you didn't just try that: if you can't book online and you want to book now your only option is to phone in or wait until you can book online.

If it were me I'd still wait a few months until the offers start coming out at the end of December and in to January that include those dates - thats probably your best chance to find some decent rates for end of March.

4. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Auggie, he is referring to booking via using MyVegas. The only option to call in when using these rewards.

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont know if they didnt think about it or its really dead on that day but last night i booked 2 nights at the MGM Grand using the mid week comp bonus only 47500 points per night i was able able to get superbowl sunday, no other preperty has it but there it was at the MGM so im glad they dont change the calendar often

6. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses. I'll probably just wait it out and hope my dates show up on the calendar(s) eventually. I guess I'm just surprised that the calendars don't seem to update at all. I figured there would be certain days (like Super Bowl Sunday at the MGM as one previous poster mentioned he got) that they would only allow so many MyVegas users to redeem free rooms, before removing that day from the calendar.

Or maybe they do and I just haven't noticed.

7. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When try first introduced the calendars they didnt have dates past December. It was like that for months. Then one day they were there. I'd guess that by the end of october they will have dates for March.

8. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, I see where your confusion comes from. Just because the date shows you can use the reward does not mean that there are rooms still available. They don't update the calendar to show availability, just the days you can (could have) used the reward for.

9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we aren't going till april and i phoned the myvegas line and she said they don't have availability yet since it is more than 6 months out. i guess will see in a few weeks. i won't buy until that use by march 2014 changes

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.