1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Higher end buffets- which one

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by K-9treatbaker, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

Our upcoming mini vacation to Vegas is soon approaching and I want to splurge a bit on a higher end buffet for my belated birthday.

We are considering the Bacchannal (sorry if it is spelled wrong), Aria, Wynn.

I like crab legs and shrimp as far as seafood goes. Hubby likes salmon and crab cakes as far as fish goes. He does not like seafood. And we both like various meats, such as prime rib, chicken dishes, Italian and a few Asian dishes. Unlimited wine and beer would be a plus. LOL

I have read mixed reviews from other sites and I would really appreciate any opinions and reviews from members on this board. I value your knowledge and opinions.

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

2. whohoo2

whohoo2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They all have what you're looking for, but IMHO, Wynn > Bacchanal >> Aria (I thought it was actually terrible). Replace Aria with Bellagio and you can pull a trifecta. Enjoy, whatever one you decide to splurge on!

3. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with above

4. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with above as well. Wicked spoon ain't too shabby either. I'd read the most recent yelp reviews.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rank 'em as Bacchanal (Caesars), Wynn, and Wicked Spoon (Cosmopolitan) in no particular order.

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  6. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think Wynn and Bacchanal are better than Bellagio?

7. whohoo2

whohoo2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Wynn the best, with Bellagio and Bacchanal about equal. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of them....like if you gave me a choice, I'd just tell you to pick one and . Haha

8. Dogbite

Dogbite Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of the buffet at the Bellagio

9. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Bacchanal then Wynn just enjoy the massive selection....................Rick

10. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Wynn is excellent and about $20 cheaper than Bacc... Aria was decent the last time I ate there, Bellagio has turned down a bit over the years.

11. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have it narrowed down to Wynn and Aria. Seems a lot of people think that the Bacchanal buffet has slipped over the recent years. And I realize, opinions will vary, but I appreciate the advice. Are Wynn and Aria about the same as far as price and quality of food? Any one dish that may stand out at either buffet, so I know what to try, once a final decision is made?

Thanks again.

12. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio only hav seafood on weekends... I believe Aria as well... they both are okay.... I think it used to be much better.

13. whohoo2

whohoo2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard and experienced this on occasion at Bacchanal, as it's the one I frequent the most. It did slip for a little while and I stopped going (even some workers there told me it had gotten worse), but went on New Year's and it was good again. YMMV.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal has always been my #1 but I was a bit disappointed the last time I ate there (brunch, 6/16). Combined with the recent price hike I'll probably forgo them in May and do Wynn or Wicked Spoon this time.

15. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will go to Bacchanal in April and will give a report. We went last August and both my wife and I loved it enough to have dinner there 2x. We have eaten there a number of times and I really thought it was much better the last time, hard to say worth the price(?) as we are not seafood eaters, yes- it was worth the price. May have been one of the best prime ribs we have had. Our son-in-law and daughter love seafood and will be with us, so will give a good report.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  16. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to each one multiple times so here is my opinion.

I think Wynn's atmosphere and layout looks the nicest.
    Bacchanal food selection is probably the widest
    Wicked Spoon has food you normally will never find elsewhere (ie bone marrow)
    Aria to me the best Mlife buffet
    Bellagio, Seems old and dated.

Personally, I think Wynn, Bacchanal and Wicked Spoon are my first top choices.

Aria and Bellagio are my last. I'm probably more biased against Aria and Bellagio because I have eaten it the most. (thanks my vegas)

At Bacchanal the lines gets super long so if your platinum or better it sure helps to skip the lines. If you during the weekday, most the lines shouldn't be too long.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You were asking about a signature dish... for the Wynn, I would have to say the Sinatra family recipe meatballs and the Peking duck buns. The meatballs were so good that my wife brings them up every time we talk Vegas.

18. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree!.

19. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal and Wicked Spoon are the only high end buffets that I think come close to reaching value.

20. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you will be there on Sunday, but the Sterling brunch at Bally's is really something quite special. It's a high end buffet with champagne, lobster, caviar, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.