1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High Roller

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by h0llywood, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this belongs in this forum however I'm not sure where to put it.

I was thinking of going to the Linq and take a ride on the High Roller with a group of friends. I've noticed there are options for a ride only and for Open Bar.

If some of the group orders "ride only" and some orders "open bar", can we be in the same cabin/box/circle (whatever you call it)? Or are we in different ones based on ticket type?

My initial guess would be wrist bands for open bar and others can come in but not too sure. Anyone with insights or tips in general it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. The Open Bar option is an entirely different car on the wheel. So if your group wants to stay together, you all have to buy the same ticket

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup.. some pods have a "rolling cart" for the booze and some are empty. The wristband thing would be a good idea but you would have people use them to get drinks and give them to their friends who did not have a wrist band..
    If a few of your group is big drinkers, I believe it is highly worth it.. coupons are widely available and they WILL load you with dangerous amounts of liquor lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great thanks guys! Unfortunately, i am one of the 2 out of 6 who will not be drinking. Figured we would all be on the same car and just watch them get sloppy drunk.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note: The "wet" cars are typically "packed" and (I've heard) that you only get about two drinks in the half hour.

6. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many people can fit into a car?

7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Potentially a lot. I have ridden it when it was just me and another time when there was almost thirty people in the car

The plans have changed
  8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on multiple factors. Having ridden in this car multiple times, the most important factor is the bartender. Some of them are friendly and work fast and keep the drinks pouring. Others are a lot of slower. Obviously, the size of the group in the car matters as well. I would say you can count on two drinks at a minimum. I have watched friends get as many as seven drinks during that half hour

The plans have changed
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    30 people sounds awful, especially since you're in there for 30 minutes.

10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it must be because I only ride at night and I see the area for the "wet" car getting bigger and bigger as I wait to get on my car.. I've never seen less than 20 in the "wet" car. I use my "wet" car tickets for the "dry" car.

11. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget the open bar cars, just bring your own. Have never had a problem just walking in with a beer or plastic cup of whiskey.

And if they don't want to do that, there is a bar inside the entrance (between where your buy your ticket and where you actually board the thing). You can buy a beers or whatever there. Although I think two beers at the inside bar will cost more than the $15 difference in the general admission ticket price and the open bar ticket.

12. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually this is another strike against the open bar car.

The whole experience is nicer the fewer people are on with you. Last time I went, there were four of us in our group on a general admission pod. We had the whole thing to ourselves. Much more enjoyable, as you don't have to elbow strangers aside to get a view.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have definitely had more fun with smaller groups

The plans have changed
  14. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the open bar twice.

Check Travel Zoo and Groupon. We hit a Black Friday sale and went in December. We paid $35 for two passes.

The first time in the middle of the afternoon and there were 6 of us plus bartender. The bartender had a list of his own special drinks and was quite personable. We had lots of room and great daytime views. Lots of drinks.

Our second trip in December we went just before 5:00 (which was the deadline) which was also around sunset. There were 8 of us in the pod plus bartender. The bartender was not that great. No personable. The kids in the pod were like deers in a headlight. My wife and I are in our 40's and dove right into the booze. The sunset views were pretty good to see. Didn't translate to good photos but was pretty cool.

The drink cups are small so you can guzzle quite a few.You can do shots if you want but one drink in your hand at a time. I did a shot and then drank a vodka and cranberry and so on. Paying for the booze option and drinking beer would be pointless.

I think it would suck with a large group.

• Like Like x 2
  15. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been on the "wet" car twice. they can hold about 30 people. Each time we had around 10 to 15 and it was not too packed imo.. as for only serving two drinks? I had around 10 each time.. You will not leave there thirsty.. I left out of the pod with two fresh full poured drinks.. i had to throw them out because i was too drunk and kept spilling and did not wanna pass out before midnight

• Like Like x 3
  16. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience was similar... The booze flows free and fast in the "bar car". I would absolutely recommend the High Roller, but only if you take the "bar car" and only if you get discounted tickets. Absolutely worth it if you get a discount!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our bartender had no qualms about over serving everyone. Not only was she making drinks as fast as possible, she made a round of shooter drinks too, without even being asked. And you don't have time to be drunk ON the thing. It's about 20 minutes after you get off that it hits you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aren't you ready to pee your pants after 5 or more drinks? A half hour can seem long when you GOTTA GO!

19. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a washroom right before you go out onto the deck to board the pod. I make sure I get everything out of me before I leave the building.

We have only gone during the day when most people are somewhat sober before getting on. The bartender on our first ride told me he had seen it all. People puking and peeing in the garbage can. It kind of scarred us off the night ride.

20. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not when you are drinking shots. There were 6 of us on it late afternoon. Amanda our bartender was fast and just kept pouring different concoctions. 7-8 drinks (mostly shots) and a beer to take off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.