1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High Roller Question

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by TomBrady'sLoveChild, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esweeney

esweeney Tourist

Is the happy hour worth it? I saw a good deal on TravelZoo for it and am considering buying it but I'm not sure if it's worth paying the extra for unlimited drinks for only half an hour.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether it's worth it depends on how much you can drink in a half hour :)

3. esweeney

esweeney Tourist

I mean it's what like an extra $5ish per ticket? I think we can both make that worth it. Was more wondering if the service is quick enough to get them in time...not sure that half an hour is worth it if we'd be waiting half that time to order and get drinks made?

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me, it's not enjoyable to try to gulp down several drinks in a half hour and hope a bathroom emergency doesn't arise or God forbid the wheel stop moving. I'd rather have a leisurely drink at the top of the Stratosphere with easily accessible restrooms.

5. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rode on the High Roller one evening last week. The pod with the bar was two pods away from mine. There was a crew with a mop and large bucket waiting for the bar pod when we made the revolution. The crew immediately entered the pod, did the clean up, and was out of there in 20 seconds. I don't know if they were just cleaning up a slipped drink or "something else".

6. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the happy hour pod in August - got it from Groupon. We had at least 20 in our pod and service was fast. The first one took the longest to get but after that it was instant drinks. I had 3 and took one to go - but could have easily gotten 6 if wanted. I think it was worth it and I think that being on the "drunk" pod was fun as everyone on was in a party mode. Tip the bartender!!

7. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So in the opinion of Vegas veterans who have been on the High Roller, is it worth it? Seems to me if you've already been up on the Eiffel Tower, you're not really getting a much different view? Or am I being too jaded about it?

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my wife and I did the booze car last year and we enjoyed it. The bartender was pretty entertaining and we got in about 5 mixed drinks so I thought it was worth it. The view was pretty nice.
    That being said we did it at about 3 in the afternoon. There were only 6 of us in the bar car so there was lots of room and no out of control yahoos throwing up etc.
    We are thinking about doing again and she want to do it at night but I think we are going to make our way to the Stratosphere for a night view instead.

[​IMG]

9. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it 2 times. In my opinion it is worth doing it once just because it is something different not because it is all that great but it is not bad at all and only takes 30 minutes or so. The only reason I did it the second time is because I was there with a friend that hadn't done it and I had free tickets. I am not sure I would do it a third time even if I had free tickets with $20 bills stapled to them.

10. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We on the high roller sept 16. Wednesday night.... only 8 of us on the happy hour cart but had a blast. We used a Groupon which made this a great deal. Premium liqours, I drank patron margaritas and beers for entire 30 minute trip. The bartender was quick with the drinks and about 2 minutes before end he made everyone a drink for the road. He said during busy times it gets a tad hectic. 8 people in the cart we had 0 wait time for drinks. 20 people maybe a slight wait. When we goto vegas again I plan on going on this twice during our trip.... especially if you wanna "predrink" before heading out for the night this place is great.

11. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see Travelzoo has $39 for the night time ride with open bar. Is that a good deal? Or will I find a comparable deal IN Vegas? I read somewhere on the boards that they handed out coupons, or sold discount tickets along the strip somewhere?

13. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the same as groupon price really so it's a good deal. The regular price is higher. I ordered when groupon had 25% off and it was 79 for 2 evening happy hour passes. With 25% off we walked away at 60$ so it was a great deal. It depends heavily on if you drink or not though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.