1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here's a comp question...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegasloverfromatl, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had dinner with friends at Mesa Grill. We split the bill in half. I used my reward comps to pay our half. The waiter comes back and tells me when he did it that my half came to $162 and our friends who were paying with a credit card came to $130. What the heck? He said he wasn't sure why it happened and that maybe it wouldn't really debit all of those rewards. On top of that, there was no place for us to fill in a tip so we ended up leaving him a tip in cash. At the time, I was a happy drunk and didn't really question it as he was really busy and he said he wasn't sure why. I didn't bother to hunt down a manager. The next day, when the fog lifted, I wondered if maybe the tip was already included on our half and we double tipped him.

I went to the Total Rewards Desk at Paris where I was staying to get my Buffet of Buffet pass and happened to mention this to the supervisor there. She said she didn't know why that would be because she has nothing to do with the restaurants. I was kinda pissed and was like well, if you don't know and you are the supervisor, who would know? She offered to email over to Caesars and told me to check back which of course I didn't bother. I'm on vacation and $30 in rewards isn't that important but it would have been nice if they had corrected it without me having to go back and ask her what happened.

Anyone have any insight on this for future?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the mixed them up. You friend's half had tax included. You did not.

And, PLEASE.. .when posting, we are pretty sure it is a comp question or comment... so please be more descriptive in your title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.