1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helpful Groupon Info - Case Study Hexx at Paris

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by LVisBeautiful, Mar 7, 2020.

1. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to go to Paris, I love that hotel, its delicious! Its beautiful and girly...and pretty. Its big enough to have good selection of games, but not so crazy as you feel like you are walking all day (lookin at you Caesars Palace).

ANYHOOO...I wanted to share this example as a best way to use Groupon...

I like to go to Hexx at night and watch the Bellagio fountains, I also like it for amazing breakfast and it is regularly on Groupon. So I pretty much search it and as soon as I comes up, I grab a few of those.

Here is what I've found:

1. DO not go on holidays..going to Vegas on holidays is already crazy, they won't take any Groupons on holidays. Learned this by accident...read your fine print

2. Expect to pay about 1 1/3 your Groupon; You are not going to get the whole thing for free. My Bill was $132 sans Groupon(including 2 entrees, a bottle of wine, appetizer, and dessert); it came out to be $70 after my wine and cheese Groupon was applied.

3. Tip on the full amount or Groupon amount...depending on service. Some waiters are just crappy to Groupon people.

So, sharing example from above, I got all the food at once (apps and entrees) and barely saw the waiter again. I didn't care but it bothered my daughter to have wine, cheese and rapidly cooling entree all together at once.

I (a mathmetician-type) actually counted the times my waiter came to the table and made mental notes of average amount of seconds. I saw him 5 times...Once at greeting, Once to come back later because my daughter was in the bathroom, Someone else poured wine, someone else delivered food (all brought together) and refilled drinks; then I saw my waiter much much later to take our dessert order, someone else delivered dessert, and then for the check (2) times, once to deliver and once to pick up. That's pretty poor service. So I tipped $15 on the Groupon amount. Or $3 per visit. I get it, I've been a service worker. Had there been more visits, and the check been delivered in a timely manner, we were there (2) hours total, I would have tipped more. I saw (6) Bellagio fountain shows. I didn't care I was having a great time with my daughter though...so service didn't matter.

4. Finally, don't try to double Groupon at the table, it clearly says not to do that. That's just so cheap and lousy, I heard a table doing that and I silently judged their cheapness. I gave those cheapskates a snooty look for taking advantage of the system. That's a call the manager moment, and the manager fearing for their Yelp review just acquiesces, if you are that person, just know, everyone thinks you are a jerk, like a person that runs up in traffic to get to front of the exit line, Its just not a good look. Frankly, its probably worse than that. You are probably the person that would blow $500 on a table then be cheap at the restaurant. Expect to blow money on food in Vegas..that's what Vegas is.

Last but not least...if you are going to order any wine at all, get the wine and cheese deal at Hexx, its a $44 bottle credit and you can pick a bottle and even upgrade.

Anyhow, I hope this is helpful. I know its a minefield navigating coupons.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. This is very helpful.

3. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this.....last year I dined at Cafe St. Louis and was totally ignored by my waiter. I am an older female, was dining solo. I was SO upset.....tipped minimally and spoke to the hostess on my way out. I just don't get it.....he wasn't busy.....saw him standing around visiting while I waited to be checked on (just wanted another napkin).
    Appreciate your info

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use to always go to Hexx but not anymore since they now charge a CNF charge

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1