1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me choose between these three steakhouses...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by txaggie08, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txaggie08

txaggie08 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend and I have a running bet for our Vegas trip each year. Loser buys the other a steak and lobster dinner. We try to change up the restaurant each year and we are down to three this year that none of us have been to:
    • Gordon Ramsey Steak- I really want to try the rib cap and sticky toffee pudding
    • Cut- hear nothing but great things and we'll be at the Venetian for part of the trip
    • Delmonico- same as above
    Our criteria is simple: each restaurant must have lobster available as an accompaniment to the steak (I realize it's silly but it's a term of the bet). Gordon Ramsey has it listed on their menu but the other two do not. Anyone know if it's offered in Cut or Delmonico? Menu recommendations are appreciated. We'll consider other restaurants as well but we prefer it be one we haven't been to yet (previously we have done SW, StripSteak, and Brand). Price isn't too much of a concern as I plan to win the bet anyway.

2. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico. I know I'm in the minority, but I've eaten at Gordon Ramsey twice and haven't been that impressed either time. First time I had the rib cap, second time a filet.
    Mastro's Oceans Club at Crystal will have your steak and lobster. Sides are huge but you can order them in smaller servings so you can try a few.....lobster mashed potatoes are decadent. Save room for the warm butter cake.

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hardly the minority. Delmonico all the way. They have lobster. They have steak. I'm quite sure they'd make you a surf and turf if you asked. I know they have lobster as one of the sides as an addition to a steak order.Delmonico and CUT put Ramsey to shame any day of the week. And since you are going to be at Venetian anyway...

*wife would like to add that I've never been to Gordon Ramsey Steak, so what do I know.

*husband would like to add that "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!" :beer:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ReneHorn

ReneHorn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to Cut or Gordon Ramsay. However, Delmonico is fabulous.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol well that little * sure renders the statement above it completely irrelevant now, doesn't it?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico was great. Haven't been to Gordon Ramsey's but rib cap is a great cut. The best steak I've ever enjoyed was the American Waygu strip steak at Cut. So my vote goes to Cut.

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of your 3 choices, I'd go with Delmonico... Along with SW, I eat there every time I'm in Vegas... Please let us know what you decide and enjoy!

8. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is my choice
    Oops guess its not in your list but should be

9. pfunk

pfunk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're at the Venetian, may I suggest Carnevino at the Palazzo? It would put all of those to shame.

10. GamblingGranny

GamblingGranny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Gordon Ramsey a lot. We got the tasting menu and splurged and had the wine pairing. It was a once in a year treat for us, but I felt like the service and food were worth it.

11. VegasVic777

VegasVic777 VEGAS !

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not one of your 3 options but...
    I always have my steak and lobster at Top of Binion's Steak House...old school Vegas
    Awesome steak and lobster that melts in your mouth, plus an unbelievable view.
    I enjoy eating where people like Elvis and The Rat Pack used to eat and hang out.

12. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...so what is the bet?

13. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion is check the menu at all 3. They are all great choices but my preference is a rib eye and my wife's is filet so we check the menus before. Delmonicos is really good as is Gordon Ramsay's however between those 3 I would take Cut for the prime cut filet and 12 oz prime rib eye or 20 oz bone in prime rib eye. Can't go wrong with any.............Rick

14. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of these 3, I'd go Delmonico, then Gordon Ramsay, then Cut. Cut has been hit or miss in quality and service, in my opinion. Delmonico is always top notch. Overall, I'd go SW Steakhouse, Carnevino, then HEritage Steak, for Strip steakhouses. Andiamo, then Vic and Anthony's for downtown joints.

Finally making back to Vegas (fingers crossed)!!
  15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut has a whole roasted lobster on its menu. You guys who just have to have one order that and the other order the bone in ribeye and then eat family style :) Or order your own steaks and split a lobster
    Delmonico has a similar entree of a lobster tail. And better be a good one at that price.

All great restaurants.

But of the 3 the #1 thing you have to try at any is sticky toffee pudding. So may as well do Gordon Ramsey.

16. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut is my favorite.

17. txaggie08

txaggie08 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies so far. The comments have been pretty split between the three, which tells me we'll have a great meal wherever we end up. I like the idea of just ordering a lobster entree and splitting it between us. I think it's on the menu at all three places.

The problem with Gordon Ramsey is that we have no reason to go to Paris. We're the type that would absolutely cancel a reservation because we got caught up in the day and didn't make it there. We will be at the Venetian already so that makes it easier to actually go.

It's pretty boring actually. It started our very first trip to Vegas as a way to start the gambling before we got there and what we bet on is different each year. It's been something we have no control over i.e. we're both golf fans so this year we picked a golfer and it's who finishes higher at the Masters (root for Justin Thomas).

18. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As i see your staying at Mandalay Bay , i highly recommend Stripsteak ! :)

19. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT is one restaurant I eat at every single trip. I don't remember the last time I went to Vegas without eating there. The dry aged bone in ribeye medium rare is awesome! They have lobster as I've seen others eating it when in there. Get the onion rings as a side too as they are incredible. ;) Hands down of the choices you mentioned...CUT!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.