1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help Calculating Mlife Theo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Goosey, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back from a trip. Gambled 4 days. Earned 130K+ tier credits and about $200ECs (Wow that has been cut) mostly playing bacc. Any help on calculating theo?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If ECs are now 5% of theo, then $200 x 20 = $4,000 theo.

That amount of theo sounds kind of low to have earned 130k Tier Credits the new way, though.

I had done a calc of earning Tier Credits and ECs under the old system, under a per-dollar-bet method.

Converted to the new system, $200 in ECs playing bacc would require a little under $600k in bacc bets or a little under $6,000 in theo, assuming they use 1% as the theo.

Which sounds closer to you?

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    130,000 in tier credits and only $200 in Express Comps. Can that be right?

4. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip 2 weeks ago had me at 80 k tiers and just under $400 EC. So I either got a gift of express comps or screwed on tiers

5. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I might have misremembered. I might have had just under 100K tier points and about 200ECs after 3 nights. I now have over 130K tier points after my last night and of course my ECs were taken away. I didn't exactly have a good last night so I probably have something closer to $250 ECs. Does that make more sense?

6. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I earned 62k tier credits and 7k of them from spending. I earned 55 dollars roughly in express comps. I played mostly slots and minimal tables. I was gold when I started.

7. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say that is probably pretty close to accurate based on the new system. I used to earn 140 - 165k tier credits and $300 - $400 express comps per 3-day trip. Under the new system, as a Noir, I played the same, and earned only 70k tier credits and $70 in express comps. So, $200ECs for 130k tier credits sounds about right if it's based on Noir calculations.

8. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thing I can think of that might have affected my ECs is that I did order drinks that required pit boss to comp.

9. barnaj

barnaj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think alot of people are confused about "tier" credits versus's point play balance. Tier credits build seperately and much, much faster than the point balance you see on the screen when you insert a players card. Tier credits basically just build towards the next level i.e., pearl to gold to platinum to noir. And based on what tier you are you get little benefits like accelerated earning of points, line jumping passes, early check-ins etc., nothing too exciting since its not like i see these unbelieveable offers being a platinum member. Point play is based on coin-in play and by some mathematic equation based on the type of game you're playing. And normally you goet double in express comps of what you earn in points (.25 cents in points equals .50 cents in express comps for example) Like here at mgm detroit on the video keno and video poker machines you get 1 point or .01 cent for each $7.50 of coin in. Now freeplay is a whole different monster, ive never been able to figure out. I used to get like $200 bucks as a gold member, and now as platinum i get as little as $15 sometimes :vomit: The above is all based on my experience's with the MLife program. :beer:

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they were some high end drinks, drinks at the table are free to all players.

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, guess I really got screwed out of ECs???

I earned 270K in Tier Credits but only $220 in ECs for my last trip. I thought it was rather strange, I checked a few times during the trip and my ECs barely moved while my Tier Credits were going up.

During the same trip my buddy earned 105K in Tier and ZERO in ECs. He mentioned it at the time and I thought it was just him being screwed :faint:

We only play table games, no slots (well several hundred in that !@#$ Lion machine).

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Bo I was thinking the same thing. I earned 244k in tier creds and just $130 in ECs. But I also got about $85 in pointplay since I play some machines. You didn't earn pointplay I assume right? Either way the total is much lower than seems to be indicated of what our play should yield.

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got some PointPlay since I played the Lion Prog machine. Something like $30 worth.

Since Oct 1st when they changed things, it all just seems inconsistent. Like all hand entered, or some major bugs in their calc programs.

14. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always insist on speaking to a host, esp if you're betting $100+ a hand. Many are willing to issue comps out of your primary comp balance and not touch yoru ECs. I just played 2.5 hours of bacc at $150-175 avg bet yesterday, and the host was willing to issue $100 food comp. Probably I was slightly overcomp'ed.

Earning 130K TC in 4 days definitely qualifies to have most of your R/F/B comp'ed off without touching EC's.

15. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from the mirage and I earned 200,000 tier and $300 in express comps on this visit . Much less express comps than a year ago

16. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch ... big change (in the wrong direction)!

17. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disregard this one

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  18. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my trip to the mirage last week is over. I earned 200,000 tier and $300 express comps. I played 35 hours 12 minutes at an ave $212 bet and a theo of $6028. So however that calculates out. So thanks to natedog for educating me to even ask about this stuff. It appears to be 33 tiers per dollar of theo and $1 of express comps for $20 of theo.

19. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for domestic players, you get 5% EC off of theo that you can save up. How much other comps can you use? Does it come close to 35% of theo?

I also heard today that you get a free Royal Caribbean cruise if you are Noir...is that true?

20. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - a free 7-night cruise (w/balcony).

Platinum card holders receive a 4 or 5 night sailing (limited ships) in an ocean view cabin.

Holiday periods are excluded. You are responsible for fees/taxes -- which is a small portion of the "regular" cruise fare.

I've booked mine! :)

Though Nate - I don't think you'll find them very accommodating to your level of play. I've never seen a table max over 10K... and 5K is usually pushing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.