1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hell's Kitchen!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by God-Speed, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to let you all know about our experience at Hell's Kitchen last month. We did not want to go there in January when we were in Vegas for the playoffs, due to the restaurant just opening. We had to wait about 15 minutes due to our table not being ready "yes we had reservations that were made 6 weeks in advance". This was ok as we waited at the bar and talked to the bartender about the menu. We had a table next to the window with a strip view, this is a little more quiet than the ones that you can watch the cooks. I wanted the Beef Wellington as I have never had one. When I cook or out eating steak I always order steak med-well. Our waiter who was awesome told my wife and I the Wellington is cooked med-rare. I was worried about this due to my taste. DON'T BE!!! This was one of the best meals that I have Ever had. So for those of you that are thinking about eating here, my wife and I give them a thumbs up. Great service, great meal and a very nice atmosphere. I am already looking forward to be back in Vegas in August. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tifysue

Tifysue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this! I have reservations for my trip in July and I keep going back and forth about whether I want to keep them. Looks like I'll be keeping them.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I will give the Beef Wellington another try. I had it at GR Steak and was not impressed . . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review... I booked a reservation a few months back for our trip this summer. Taking the gf there for dinner on her birthday :) Looking forward to it!

5. ktncpa98

ktncpa98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I booked for the 4th of July and I have been dying to try the BW. I was concerned about the medium rare as well!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michelle is someone who orders her steaks medium to medium well and she loves the beef Wellington the way it's served. Me I love rare to med rare so it's perfect for me. Though for me it's the rib cap or bone in rib eye at GR Steak........Rick

7. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I forgot to tell you all about the dessert. Make sure to order the "Sticky Toffee Pudding!!!" This is a must!! :thumbsup:

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there in April and the Sticky Toffee Pudding is unreal!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I have reservations for Saturday and I’m pretty excited.

10. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went here last night. Best meal we have had in Vegas. Definitely beats CraftSteak Delmonico and Emerils Fish House.

We ordered the Lobster Risotto 10/10 Scallops 8/10
    Beef Wellington 10/10 (Filet literally melted in your mouth) Sticky Toffee Pudding 10/10

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HK is right between GR Steak and GR Pub, with menu items from both. Major difference is that it's a light, airy space with lots of windows and natural daylight, which is quite refreshing. Only had the HK Burger for lunch once, wasn't quite up to the Pub's standard, though. Service was very good.

12. matsui

matsui Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved my experience. I did the price fix lunch. It was outstanding.

13. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there 2 nights ago and was extremely disappointed... We got all the "signature/popular" dishes but overall everything was pretty bad.

Beef wellington - cold
    lobster risotto- lobster over cooked/rubbery with some of the rice still crunchy/undercooked
    braised short rib- completely under seasoned and the rib was over cooked dry and stringy
    Lobster mac and cheese- totally OVER seasoned, it was like eating a spoon of salt.

The food was so bad and underwhelming that we had quite a bit for leftovers that we didnt even bother taking, thats pretty bad. Even the waiter was surprised that we didnt want to take the leftovers to go

Server- bad service, bad attitude, and the real kicker was not a single person even acknowledged my gf's birthday, not even a "hey happy birthday" from anyone even though i booked reservations a month ago and told them we were celebrating her birthday.

I know i shouldve sent the stuff back to the kitchen/told the waiter but honestly even if the stuff was cooked/seasoned properly it really wasnt going to make a huge difference anyway. We watch the show, eaten at his other lv restaurants, and were pretty excited for this dinner as we havent been to HK before but we both left saying how terrible everything was...

We went to Chart House at Golden Nugget and Triple George for appetizers and drinks before and both were saying how we shouldve just stayed downtown as both places were wayyy better than HK.

Piss Off Gordon!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. MMacys1

MMacys1 Tourist

Yikes, your scaring me. All the reviews on yelp, open table , and trip advisor are excellent. I have reservations in February. I’ve eaten at his restaurants in AC and everything was great.

15. Vegasmiragegirl

Vegasmiragegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there last week. I thought it was all very good, but it wasn’t my favorite meal of the week in Vegas, and it was our most expensive. Still, it was enjoyable.

16. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a great meal at HK. We will go back but probably only one more time in the near future...lots more places to try!

17. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too was very disappointed in my only trip to Hell's Ktichen. Caesar salad was lacking in flavor, and the prime strip was undercooked (purple) and very tough. Should have sent it back but I didn't.

Sticky toffee pudding was fantastic as always, and the mac and cheese was great, though not as good as the Ramsay Steak recipe.

I'll probably write it off as an off night for the kitchen and give it another try at some point. This was not long after they opened, and I've had multiple meals and both Ramsay Steak and Ramsay Burger, and have enjoyed every one of them.

Though on the other hand, I'll probably just ask myself, why not just go to Ramsay Steak? Better setting, better food, and not that much more expensive...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.