1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Ellis Island!!

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by yolla0912, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Thanks Joe!

2. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assumed as much and you are spot on. I might like a property but I too am loyal to a good host. I hate having to start all over again with a new one! Your sentiments on the Plaza have been echoed by your fellow former hosts there that I know/knew.

Best of luck at the El Is!

3. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Thank you, let me know if you make it to Ellis Island, would love to take you to dinner!

4. mkhira2

mkhira2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a great time at Ellis Island last night! My first time in, and definitely a highlight of the trip. Can't wait to go back on our next visit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations. I love Ellis Island, particularly their breakfasts which are really good. Can you persuade them to put back the change machine that gave you the amount plus 10% in slot play. I loved saving up all that change over my trip and my last day going to EI for some play and eats. Can you also please post the rules now for the free bingo and even if it's still available? Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on the new job.

Ellis Island is always on our list when we visit Vegas. We have spent a fair bit of time staying in Platinum just behind EI in recent years, and it's where we go for breakfast regularly while staying there. We will definitely stop by several times on the next trip. See you in October.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigTop

BigTop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yolla.. Congrats on the new job!
    Yes I was the one asking about the Growlers for sale- I assume that they can be purchased onsite at Ellis Island-(12.99)? Also I had heard in the past that there was a promotion where a suited Black jack earned a free Growler?

Will be there in September...

• Like Like x 1
  8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your new job! Hope to see you there in Sept.

• Like Like x 1
  9. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go down the escalator walk through the "mall" and exit out to your left, walk east to your right and you will see the EI to your rt. on Koval.

10. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Those promotions were both expired before I got here :(
    There will be some cool promotions announced soon though, I will update the group :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Yes you can purchase them on site and yes you get a free Growler if you are playing Blackjack and get a Blackjack with the card of the day :)

12. Vegas4me

Vegas4me MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is congratulating someone & giving a friendly word of advice, "harsh" or "snarky"?
    Like you I have had various hosts in the Plaza, none of which have made as much of being let go as Yolla
    The lady will not do her reputation any good by continuing to harp on about her ex employers.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure have an odd way of offering congratulations.

Unless you inherited your wealth, can I assume you work at a job? You can't be self employed or have a business. So just imagine that you brought some "secret sauce" to this job that you hand over on the first day of employment.

In Yolla's case, she brought a list of players that she developed as a host for many years, so not only did she lose her job, the Plaza has her secret sauce.

Yolla, good things happen to good people, best wishes for success at EI.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 7out

7out Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations Yolla, I never met you at Plaza but did work with Curt previously when he was at the Plaza. I've never made it to Ellis Island although I have heard great things about it. I will be back the 1st of October and will have to look you up.

15. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

As much as I appreciate you congratulations, you are allowed to your opinion as I am mine. I am not "harping" on anything and my reputation is one that I am most proud of. I stand up for what I think is right.
    Just because you haven't heard from any other host about being let go, doesn't mean they haven't done this to numerous other professionals, again, they are entitled to not express their dismay as I am allowed to choose to voice mine. Last time I checked, we live in a free country....
    I can also assure you that they are not my only ex employer (sometimes in order to move up, you have to move out in this industry) have you seen me "bash" or "harp" on any other property?? I didn't think so!

16. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Yes please do! I would love to show you around Ellis Island and have you taste our wonderful food!

17. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Thank you hammie, very well put and I appreciate the support :)

18. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming by tonight after the comedy show at Brad Garretts at MGM. Have a good brew waiting!!

19. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the food is wonderful!

Never been The Plaza but can't wait to get back to Ellis Island for a good feed up.

Good luck in your new job.

20. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comgrats. EI is a place that's always on my list to visit but I always run out of time. Still on my places to visit list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.