1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helicopter Tours

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by carlyzmom, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at doing a night tour of the Strip. Any recommendations on a company to use? I have seen a few that range from $69-99.

2. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Maverick and would STRONGLY recommend them. Very professional.

3. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you remember having a long wait? I have read on one site (I don't think it was Maverick) that they were stuck in a crowded room for 2 hours while they waited. That doesn't sound fun!

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it a loud ride?
    I was recently discussing helicopter tours and my wife was disinterested as she said it would be too loud. I thought some of the newer ones were pretty quiet.

5. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend Maverick also, but not sure you can find one that cheap.
    Everyone in the helicopter wears headphones, which blocks out all noise except for whoever's talking.

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used many of the helicopter sites and NEVER had any problem with the 2 times i used Maverick. That said.........I have ONLY done the strip tour pre and post 9/11 and the tours were very different as one can imagine.

7. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a night tour with Maverick once.

We got checked in, and unfortunately had to wait about an hour. I guess some High Roller decided it'd be cool to take his entire family of 20 up on a helicopter tour. It sucked for us since they could only take 5 people at a time. Not fun.

The tour itself isn't very long. Maybe 10 minutes from lift off to touch down. You go down the strip, downtown, then back up, and land. I wouldn't do it again.

8. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a deal with Papillon 2 for 1 deal, night time tour of the strip $114 for 2 people, they will drop off and pick up as well. I got this from another forum, you'll need the coupon, it's under vegas4locals.com you will need the coupon, if your interested in this. My husband and I have done this tour before, we enjoyed it, you also get a glass of champagne before flight, this time we are thinking of taking our boys, since only a party of 4 are allowed at a time.

9. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool! I will check into it! Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.