1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helicopter Ride?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JR Swift, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone here ever taken one of those city helicopter rides? Never even been in a helicopter and seems like this would be a helluva fun way to see the city from a different perspective. Feedback? Cost?

2. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many years ago..I mean before 9/11 did most of them.. Maverick was the best IMHO.. Probably now about 75$

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or, really do it right and take it to the Grand Canyon. An amazing experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used 702 helicopters to do a twilight flight over Vegas, they were really good. Think it was about $100 per person, the flight lasted 15 minutes or so. The helicopter was small with only 3 passenger seats so everyone gets a good view.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last August , my daughter and I did a night flight.........i had redeemed a voucher from Maverick via MyVegas play for $50 off each of us so was $85.00 each ~ Limo picked us up at hotel about 830 pm and couple more stops and went to Maverick just south of the Welcome to LV sign..... is parallel to the airport........we checked in had some champagne , then was divided into groups, based on weight distribution.... our pilot was amazing..... 4 seats in front, (which we got) 4 in back what a view , up in the air about 20 or so mins and limo back to hotel! was awesome!

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow the prices have gone up somewhat since my last excursion...

7. massiets

massiets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been with Maverick on their champagne/cheese snack upon landing inside the Grand Canyon, as well as their 10-15 minute night time strip flight. I paid about $1000 for the 4 hour Grand Canyon trip for 2, and they rotated us in the seats so we all got a chance to have the front seat. A lot of money, but it was well worth it to do at least once. We also flew over the Hoover Damn and Lake Mead. I did the BOGO from My Vegas on the night time strip flight and think I spent $85- $100 for the two of us. They picked us up at Ballys, and brought us to their hanger. Gave us a glass of champagne and divided us up. When it was our turn to go out to the helicopter for the safety briefing I made sure we were going to be the ones seated in the front next to the pilot. Bad Mistake on my my part. The best seat in the house is directly behind the pilot, on the window. They are not allowed to fly directly over the strip so we flew on the MGM/Paris/Ballys side of the strip (behind these hotels) over to the Stratosphere and then flew back to the airport on the other side of the strip. We got some good pictures and had a good time. Would I pay full price for it, probably not. But one time on a BOGO was too good of a deal to pass up. I may even do it again if I get the same offer and can man handle my way into the seat behind the driver. Ha-Ha.

8. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't agree more.....

9. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a BOGO for a Strip flight on my upcoming April trip to Las Vegas. I was going to buy the $85/person one, but there was one BOGO remaining and I hopped on it. Looking forward to it.

Watching wife bowl Women's Nationals
    Super Bowl / Poker Trip Combo Platter
  11. SaltyNutSnack

SaltyNutSnack LSU 2019 National Champions! Geaux Tigers!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For this coming up trip I booked the strip twighlights tour with Papillon. Used the promo off of destination coupons & got both of our flights with limo transfer for 150$.

12. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the strip at night tour last year, and will do it again in a few weeks. It was only a 10 - 15 minute flight, but well worth it. I have been lucky enough to get the free trip reward from MyVegas for both trips. I agree, the best seat is directly behind the pilot. Be prepared to invest over an hour of your time to get through the whole routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.