1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by kiwigreg, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at booking one of the helicopter trips from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Any recommendations? Is it better to book before I go or arrange a tour when I get there?

2. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are looking to book the Grand Canyon View with the glass bridge on the Indian Reservation....For what you will pay and what you will see It isn't worth it. When we took this tour via a small plane...

http://www.canyontours.com/grand-canyon-south-rim-deluxe-air-ground-tour/ ...

we actually flew over the site with the glass walkway...MEH Compared to the south rim views... the glass walkway grand canyon area is "A hole in the ground". The south rim tour is more expensive but WELL WORTH IT!!!
    The box lunch was good too. :licklips:

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mavericks is awesome! But yeah the west rim experience is not nearly as impressive as the north/south rim.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are varied options. We did the one where the helo lands in the canyon - nothing about that glass bridge thing. Land, a quick snack/champagne and fly back. Might have been Maverick. Specials happen from time to time.

5. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did this 2 weeks ago. She loved it but I thought it was just ok. We did the tour where you land and walk out on the skywalk. The helicopter ride was fun, but if you set in the front it is very hot but has the best view. The helicopter we were in had 3 seats in front and 4 in back. We rode in the front going there and in the back coming back.

It takes about 45 mininutes to get to the Grand Canyon. Once you get there they kind of rush you a little so that was annoying. You do get to walk out on the glass and there is a photographer that will take pictures of you in various poses.

Then you take the 45 minute ride back. My wife really enjoyed it so it was worth it to me.

They diffiently try to up sale you on everything from pictures to a DVD of the helicopter ride. Of course we bought everything. Lol

Hope you have fun.

6. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that. What was the company you used? Was it Mavericks?

7. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it was Mavericks. They are very professional. They will pick you up at your hotel and bring you back. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and gave out many facts of the landscape as we were traveling there and back. The views from the helicopter were amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.