1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heads up on booking.com glitch

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by dewey089, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three times my wife has booked refundable rooms on booking.com and they have come up "nonrefundable". To solve the problem she has had to call, wait on the phone, be told such a glitch was not possible, and then finally relieved of the "nonrefundable" status. Such a shame because I am a regular user of the service. I guess the last time time she managed to catch the automatic change and correct the issue before booking. I'm just done with them for now. Just watch carefully if you book there.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are part of the Priceline group, so maybe you can look over there to book rooms.

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good warning dewey. Something similar happened to me.

I booked a week at a fishing resort up north but cancelled within a week when we changed plans. After waiting forever for my refund, I phoned the resort and was told they would look into it. Then the resort left a message on my machine saying it was non refundable. I called back and was promised a return call from the manager but that never happened. Time went by with still no refund so I must have called the resort 4 or 5 times but they stopped answering my calls.

I finally got through to Booking.com and they were good about it. The booking guy put me on hold while he called the resort. Apparently the resort owner suddenly realized his mistake and offered the refund right away. He also apologized profusely to the booking.com guy for his error. Ya right, his apologies didn't impress me much.

I thought the resort owner was just trying to scam me but maybe there is some glitch that is messing with their refundable deposits. Just be careful to keep an eye on cancellations everyone. It is a shame this is happening because it is a good website for booking - when it works.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up Dewey. I booked a room a few days ago on booking.com. Luckily it wasn't changed to nonrefundable. It does say it will charge my first night but I can cancel at anytime up to the day before my stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.