1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

He’ll Sleep When He’s Dead: A Live, Pictorial Journey Into The Madness

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DockEllis, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Johnye

Johnye Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing a side of Vegas so few of us take the opportunity to visit when we're there. Cheers.

2. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR, I read everything but the lyrics LOL. You are quite the fearless gambler.

3. BC_ girl

BC_ girl Low-Roller

Amazing pictures!

4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Epic report!
    Amazing photos.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I loved your photos, especially of the places I haven't been able to visit... yet! :)

6. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow - awesome pictures... awesome report... it was a vegas I think I missed

7. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never. Have I ever. Wowza!

8. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    killed it. liked the wine selection too.

9. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

What a great report. I feel like I was there. I will use this as a travel guide on my next trip out there.
    Thanks Again.

10. Edgar

Edgar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, fantastic photo's. Inspired me to visit some of the dive bars on my December trip.

11. MacAttack

MacAttack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brilliant report - loved seeing the big wins and all the fantastic photos. It was all super entertaining.

Solo Trip 2
  12. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I will admit. I thought I had a good time when I go to Vegas.....but my goodness, I am just the grasshopper on the wall compared to you and your travels. Well done sir!! :nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ok, my favorite Tom Waits quote. I don't know if any genuine, meaningful change could ever result from a song. It's kind of like throwing peanuts at a gorilla.

Saw him perform once. Tapped his foot on a pile of chalk and sang a song thru a frickin bull horn. And it was masterful. Definitely beats to his own drummer.

13. # 2

# 2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you end up on the split 6s?

14. DockEllis

DockEllis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my friends hand at O’Sheas. After the fourth split the dealer told him he couldn’t split anymore. Dealer got a 20, so he lost all four hands.

As far as my craps strategy goes, I like to gamble to win big. There’s too much else I want to do when I’m in Vegas to grind out wins. Plus the more bets you make, the more likely the house will beat you. So I’m not too interested in playing blackjack for a 3:2 payout.

So for craps, I press hard. Start with a pass line and all-tall-small bets only. Occasionally I’ll bet 2/3/12 (craps) or yo (11) if they haven’t come up in a while. If I lose my pass line bet I will double or at least increase it for the next come out roll. I keep doing this till a point is established or I win with a 7 or 11. Similar to a martingale strategy. You can lose a lot fast this way with bad luck, but if your bankroll and the table maximum allows it then you will eventually break even.

After a point is established I back it with maximum odds (usually 3/4/5x), and then bet across the board on all the other points (so this trip that was $130 or $135 across). If the point is a 4/6/8/10 I will put something down on the hard way. Every roll that isn’t a 7 or the point I will double my bet on the hard way. Every roll that is another number (4/5/6/8/9/10) but not the point, I will fully press the bet minus any change . Essentially I’m waiting for a hot roll to come so I can make a huge profit.

At some point I will stop pressing my place (5/6/8/9) and buy (4/10) bets. They automatically buy the 4/10 for you at Cosmo if you ask to bet it. I usually stop pressing when I have 2-3 black chips on a number. At this point I will keep collecting my payouts with my bet active, but not press anymore.

If things aren’t going well I will forgo the all-tall-small, craps (2/3/12), yo (11), and hard way bets. If things really aren’t going well I will also forgo placing and buying numbers. And if things are going the worst I will move to the dark side with a huge bet with max odds and then lay the 4/10. If a 4/10 comes up before a 7 I will double my bet on it till a 7 comes.

It takes a decent bankroll to play this way, but when you get on a roll you can win thousands in a short period of time. You can also lose a few thousand quickly if nothing is hitting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Robdude

Robdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This report is *chef kiss*!!! :nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:

Laughlin CET junket
  16. Ventura_Highway

Ventura_Highway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the detailed craps write-up... I like to play in a similar way but LOVE how you play the hard ways on even points! Makes so much sense, will definitely be giving it a try next trip. Just another feather in the cap for this report!

Here we go!
  17. Timbuck

Timbuck Low-Roller

I just found this report today.
    I avoided it several times because I’m not a big fan of lots of pictures in trip reports. How many times can you see the Eiffel Tower at Paris or the Bellagio fountains from a terrace at the Cosmo?

I’ll be looking a little more often now for a hidden gem like this one.

18. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, what a great report, I really enjoyed it!

November 6th to 10th - NFL Week #10
    Memorial Day Weekend
  19. Sam610

Sam610 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have just read this beginning to end and have loved all of it - thank you so much for sharing not only your experience but the amazing photos along the way! :nworthy:

OMG Going Again!!!
  20. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well. done. This was a hell of a TR!