1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you ever won any contests or from a game show?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by NWAKALUM08, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a boom box from a raffle when I was in high school. It was very exciting and the envy of my friends.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MY DW wife an all expenses paid trip for her and my daughter to a premier of a Katy Perry album from a local radio station.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Entering sweepstakes and contests has been my hobby for 20+ years.

I've won a ton over the years. Best win was $5k. I've also won $1k and $500 twice.

Over the years I've won trips, gift cards, electronics, and everything in between. I'm still trying for a car though!

It's been an amazing hobby, and I still enjoy it this many years later!

Ironically, 20+ years of gambling, and I have yet to hit a hand pay. Hoping to change that this summer!

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 6
  4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a freezer full of meat in a drawing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early 90's a local tv affiliate and Miller beer put on a drop-off box raffle at local bars.Grand prize was a trip to see your favorite NFL team and a college team one weekend.
    As a lifelong Packers fan I chose them and a Badger game.I got a certified letter I was one of 5 selected and the winner would be announced a few days later on the news broadcast. Wow pretty cool but my name was announced first I think and I got an official Wilson NFL football out of it that I gave to my nephew as a Christmas present.
    Have won quite a few other local radio stuff..CD's pizza, dinner for 4 for a BBQ place here.Good local prize by knowing the teams that played in the highest scoring Monday Night football game (At the time it was GB/Wash)
    One Father's Day promo at Monmouth Park racetrack in NJ my name was called with a bunch of others and the prize was a choice of tickets(4) to a Jets or Giants home game the upcoming season.I ended up giving them away as I could not get away myself.
    Fun stuff I play anything if it's free.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back when I was still working and the kids were at home, I used to do sweepstakes for a hobby. I subscribed to a couple newsletters and learned ways to increase my odds. some of the things I won:
    $5000 cash
    a Coleman fishing boat
    another small fishing boat
    a trip to DC for 4 to see Kenny Chesney plus a washer and dryer
    a trip to Disney Works for 4. Inluded a 4 night cruise, $1000 shopping spree & more
    a trip to lego land in CA
    My kids played hockey with Bruins, football with the Patriots, and basketball with the WNBA and the Harlem Globetrotters
    A Zamboni ride at Boston Garden
    2 Britney Spears concerts. One was for 8 including a limo
    a large Sub-zero wine cooler (holds over 100 bottles)
    a Weber Grill
    a years supply of cereal
    a years supply of hershey's candy
    a years supply of ice cream

So many hats, t-shirts, backpacks, duffle bags, concert tickets and random other things I can't even remember. 90% of it was snail mail, and it was very time consuming. It was fun for awhile, but then the kids moved out and I discovered vegas.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 5
  7. NWAKALUM08

NWAKALUM08 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that is an impressive list. Looks like I need to be doing some of this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won an All Inclusive trip to St. Kitt's and had 5/6 numbers in Lotto 649. The number I missed was one digit off :(. Instead of a prize in the millions, I only won $5900.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  9. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got $10 free play on the promo wheel at El Cortez.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way back in the pre-internet days (70s), I used to frequently win radio station trivia contests (which are no longer practical with the internet!).
    Won a lot of vinyl LPs and several tix-for-2 at Houston area concerts & movie theaters.

Does anybody remember the "Secret Sound" contests that some radio stations used to run?
    One time, the prize had reached over $2000, and I knew what the sound was... but I never got in as the right numbered caller! :grrr:
    (Somebody finally got it... it was the cranking of the coin in a bubble-gum machine and the product dropping into the metal-flapped opening.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of you may the lovely JR from our Trip Reports but she made it on The Price Is Right. She won a cell phone to get on stage...and it was so long ago it was a big ass Motorola flip phone valued at over $1000. She played Hit Me with Bob Barker, and won a trip to Barbados. She lost on the Big Wheel however. That was 1996.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  12. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a drawing for contest Caesars held. I won $1000 and the check came in the mail.

• Like Like x 3
  13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won 100k Hawaiian miles at one of those product shows.

I also won a free vegas trip. That was the grand prize in my bowling league one year.

Yeah, when I was a kid I used to call the radio stations for the freebies got lots of albums, some tickets to concerts, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  14. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never won myself but I did rig a contest at my ex wifes work so she won.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 yrs ago my mom was out of work temporarily and she bought me ONE $1 Missouri Lotto ticket for my birthday, it arrived in the mail inside my card. She had never purchased a lotto ticket before. I won the top prize of $7,777! Lots of drama and screaming when I took it to the gas station for them to scan it, couldn't believe it was real! I had to get a check from the Lotto office in Jeff City, once they heard the story....and that we were using it as fun money (we were/are debt free) for trips to Disney (for the fam) and Minnesota & Wisc camping trips (the fam) and Vegas (ME while the fam was fucking camping, right:? lol), they sent a photographer down...ended up on the Lotto homepage and the nightly news. I still have the big check lol

And yea, we gave my mom $1500. They took over $2000 in taxes, which I got back due to my gambling losses, then we gave her another grand and we took a fam trip to FL Probably more money at one time that she'd ever seen. Fun all around.
    Every year when she asks what I want for my birthday, I tell her to buy me a lotto ticket like that year haha.
    diane

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 4
  16. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great story!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only things I can remember winning are various door prizes and raffles for various events and fundraisers and such. I "won" a small tripod at a photo trade show last fall. Does that count? :)

Never been on a game show. However my dad's cousin was on the original Concentration (early 1960s) with Hugh Downs. He won a Polaroid camera as a consolation prize.

There are three of us thinking of entering Hacker Jeopardy as a team this August. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won a weekend trip to San Francisco to see a NE-SF football game through a radio station postcard drawing
    Won 2 Rolling Stones concert tickets in The New Boston Garden.
    Won 2 night hotel stay at Westgate . It was a Super Bowl 50 prop contest through a app where you needed to pick 10 props and come out with the highest score
    Had 9 out of 10 props correct.

• Like Like x 1
  19. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won $1667 in a drawing at Foxwoods some years ago. They drew 5 names for $1000 each but you had to come to the center within an hour. DH and I had Reba tickets and were in the show when the friend we were meeting came in and told us that I was listed. We raced though Foxwoods and got there on time. Two other people did not show in time, so the three of us split the money 3 ways.

• Like Like x 2
  20. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.
    A second chance drawing for $1,000.
    Concert tickets (numerous times)
    A Prize pack of concert tickets, festival admissions, tshirts, a cooler, and a trunk full of coca-cola
    A year's supply of Vitamin Water.
    Many small things.

My son wins stuff all the time. We joke that he has a Horseshoe up his _ _ _.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.