1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you ever been bumped from your reserved CET room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mom2JoMoLa, Oct 10, 2021.

1. DrScorpio

DrScorpio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent been bumped, but I know people definitely have. One time I was checking into Bally's at around 2:30am and there were about 50 people in line. Im diamond so I skipped to the front. The front desk informed me in a quiet voice that they overbooked and have only about 30 rooms left and that about half the people in line wont have rooms.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been bumped before, but it wasn't too bad. I was bumped from the Augustus tower to the Octavius tower at Caesars one time on a comp. If I had paid for the room, I'd have been a bit more upset.

3. Packbacker

Packbacker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    had a single night at the IP on valentines day years ago. got bumped to rio. wish the bastards would have told me before i waited in line for an hour to check in...

12/11 - 12/18
  4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’ve gotten bumped twice at PHo but we’re given better rooms than originally booked.

MLife is who jerked us around. Hubby reserved a main tower fountain suite at Bellagio for my 50th bday as a surprise. It was a paid reservation he’d made 4 months in advance. We get there and no room available so they bump us to the same type suite in the spa tower except the view was crap. They said “we’re giving you a $75/night credit”. I looked on their website and that credit was because that’s how much cheaper that room was than the tower. Hubby was ticked, they didn’t waive the resort fee or anything. He went back to the desk the next morning and someone threw him a bone and gave us $100 resort credit and said if they could move us they would. That night we got back to the room and a phone message on the room phone said call down for a room change, they were moving us to a penthouse suite. We called and there was no record and they couldn’t move us. Haven’t stayed at Bellagio since then.

GGWU
    Hubby’s birthday and our early anniversary trip!
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a classic MGM move, too. They once tried to "upgrade" my parents to a West Wing broom closet at MGM Grand. Luckily they called me first to check.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  6. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you ever been bumped from your reserved CET room?

My wife once tried to bump me off the balcony of my suite at Caesars Palace - does that count?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been bumped down a room category at Caesars before. They were busy weekends and I got moved to palace so it wasn’t a big deal.

next weekend my host got me an executive suite at Paris. I’ve never been put in a suite in Vegas so I’m half expecting to get bumped cause ElDorado.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends, do you consider that an upgrade? :haha:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last 3 pre-pandemic stays at CP I had a comped Augustus tower ‘premium’ room booked, and then got bumped to Palace tower. Even though the reservation says ‘reservation’, they say it’s just a ‘request’ for that room type.

The first time was Memorial Day weekend, so maybe I could understand it; but then again, they knew when they advertised the availability and made my reservation that it was Memorial Day weekend. The next two there were no holidays or events to use as an excuse.

10. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first stay at CET after my family host left was booked under octavius on thr website but I was bumped to Palace Tower. I hated the long walk but couldn't argue since it was a very profitable weekend. Lol

Now that I have a host, on my last trip after 18 months of no play (stuck in Canada due to. Covid), he booked me in Palace Tower (based on confirmation email) but when I checked in, it was actually Augustus Tower.

11. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing since you have “a host” you are getting a comp room? We booked in March 2020 for our Dec 2020 trip, and honestly think we got a really good rate - $80 per room for Augustus Tower premium 2 Queen bed room (didn’t opt for the extra for the room with a view). I did book 3 rooms (all the same), have not been to Vegas in years, so not a guest that has a host or probably ever will lol. But if they bump is to a lower grade room, I could have booked the other towers for a cheaper price…so do the reduced the cost?

12. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got bumped out of the Augustus Tower 7 or 8 years ago and put in the Palace Tower. I could deal with that, but I didnt like the way it was handled at Diamond Check-in. I told them my reservation was in the Augustus Tower, and they said they had rooms there but just not for me. Of course, they were being too honest, but I stayed away after that until this past summer when I had a great stay in the Octavius Tower. Unless you get switched to forum or Julius, any of the premium rooms are really nice......just different locations and views