1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you done (or would you do) a LIVE Facebook broadcast from Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VegasTravelNews, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my most recent Vegas trip, I shot a few short videos. As I was walking down the FSE one evening, I wondered "if I did a Facebook Live broadcast, would anyone watch?" (G rated, of course. OK, its Vegas, so prob PG.)

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

2. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be interesting - a true live trip report.

3. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went live on Facebook twice my last trip. Since most of my friends and family are from the east coast it was around 1am. Only about 4 people watched them live. Facebook would not allow them to be posted/saved as there was copyright material (songs) from the live stages and the FSE show.

AirBnB Henderson. They say social distancing...Will we make this trip?
  4. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good for when your buddies give u money and tell them to play the megabucks for them.

5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a chance. Call me old school but I shy away from all the oversharing that happens on social media now. I'm there to have fun for ME, not to make Facebook or Twitter contacts jealous. It's all I can do to share a few Twitter pics during the minimal down time while there. The whole "take a picture or selfie or video of every single thing and every single moment" crowd actually makes me shake my head.

Personal preference. I get that's the world we live in now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done a live FB broadcast from my balcony at the cosmo while the fountains below at Bellagio were going off.. but thats the only time.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VMB is my only social media. I'm not on twitter, facebook, snapchat, or whatever is hot right now. I think it's great for people who love it, but for me, it's just too intrusive.

So, kudos to VMB, you've taken a social media phobe and won her over! The talk on my favorite subject, Vegas, won me over, but the great people kept me on! :thumbsup:

8. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do people want to let other people know they are not home??? I can see texting friends videos or the like who know you are away but Facebook can be used for too much information and no "security" will stop it from happening. Just my thoughts.....Rick

• Like Like x 1
  9. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is actually a great point. I save all my vacay photo posts for when i get back home

10. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad actually did this while they were at the Backstreet Boys concert. It was funny cuz I was getting ready back in the room to get hit the tables, I was watching it. You can ready about it in my most recent TR

11. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son did this last November.
    His girlfriend and many of his friends weren't 21 yet.

I understand making a one-time short broadcast or a video message.
    .....but I see so many people with selfie sticks only viewing what's around them through an LCD screen. SAD!!!

But really, why "document" your vacation for other people to see?
    Experience YOUR vacation first hand by "living in the moment" un-tethered and unfettered.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. I don't tell folks I'm out of town until I have returned for security reasons. And I think FB Live is pretentious for the most part. I can't see a situation where I would use it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've recorded room videos and uploaded them on YouTube. I'm actually thinking about recording a Vegas Vlog and uploading it on YouTube as a form of trip report.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any rehash of one's exploits -- whenever written, regardless the media chosen -- is "pretentious," really.

Or then again, maybe like everything else in life, if something is not to your taste, don't partake and don't participate.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    To the OP: We use the FB "check in" function when traveling, will put up photos from time to time, but never roll out a scrolling, catch-all monologue on any of our travels, Vegas or elsewhere.

16. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've watched a handful of Periscope broadcasts from Vegas, some are interesting, some are not.

17. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought about doing this when we were in El Yunque Rainforest in Puerto Rico last week but couldn't get a good signal...

18. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a few current and former co-workers who have done live post and it was fun to see but its not something I will be doing. I don't have security concerns, I just prefer not to do it. But the ones I know who have done it, are in their early/mid 20s, I am in my late 30s, guess its the generation gap.

19. Peath13

Peath13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably not. I took a float plane ride with a friend for their bday and filmed the whole trip. When I got off the plane, I felt like I missed the whole trip.

20. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still get a kick out of the video that one dad made of his trip there.. he had the camera pointed backwards the whole time so it was just capturing his face lol

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.