1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone received their show cancellation refunds yet?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by miniwhale, Apr 29, 2020.

1. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had tickets for Absinthe and Aerosmith for the end of May. I am sure it will take a while to get refunded, but I am curious to see if/when anyone has gotten their money back for a show that has been cancelled. Maybe I can get a glimmer of hope that I will actually get my money if I see that others have!

2. mep57

mep57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had tickets to Jeff Durham at Caesars for March 18th. Caesars call me and gave me a choice of canceling the tickets and getting a full refund or keep the tickets for the show to be scheduled at a later date. The credit showed up on my card a couple days later.

3. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had Ticketmaster tickets for Absinthe on April 12, received an email on March 20 that it was canceled and a refund was in the works. Email stated “you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as thirty days.” A strange way to phrase that. Well, I haven’t received it yet and the email offered no further guidance.

4. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'm waiting for a refund on 6 Aerosmith tickets for first week of June. I'm guessing it is going to be longer than 30 days. I'm just happy they gave the refund option since that isn't happening with our flights.

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a refund from vegas.com for our April Keith Urban tickets. I had Ticketmaster tickets for Miranda Lambert at home in May; it was rescheduled to October. Have Keith Urban rebooked through vegas.com for August in Vegas and Ticketmaster tickets for Kelly Clarkson August in Vegas. Doubt any concerts will proceed this year so will cross the refund bridge when I get there. Kudos to vegas.com who processed our April refund within days.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could receive it in as little as 30 days.......sounds like the old....up to 75% off.
    Wonder if it’s voided should you get it in say 24 days...
    very weird phrasing.

It can’t be a rodeo without the bull
  7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am waiting for George Lopez refund for mid June. I bought them through Vegas.com. They don't appear to have a sterling reputation where refunds are concerned. I emailed them yesterday advising of my expectation of a refund in accordance with the COVID info on their web site stating refunds for all!!

I would imagine they are swamped and I will be patient. When I do hear from them I shall let you all know. Has anyone had a COVID refund experience with them yet?

Vegas At Half Speed Is Better Than No Vegas
  8. idtwins

idtwins Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received Shin Lim refund from Mirage for a May show almost immediately after they emailed me saying it was cancelled but that was back in Mid March.
    On the same trip, we also had tickets to Gwen purchased on the Ticketmaster website. Took Ticketmaster about 3 weeks after their cancellation email to credit our credit card account.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!! It will be good to know coming up who is getting refunds and when. I am thinking I won't get mine anytime before when the show was scheduled.

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent them a message through Facebook Messenger and got my credit within days and a response same day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should ask. I am waiting for a refund from Ticketmaster for 2 tickets for a cancelled April Wayne Newton Show and for 7 tickets for an April Atomic Saloon Show I purchased through AXS. Both have the 30 days language so I guess I'll check in a couple of weeks. It's annoying, however, that it takes that long. Sounds like a nice float these companies are getting on our cash.

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had tickets for Opium the end of March that I had purchased directly from Spiegelworld. Though I was not really expecting it, the refund credit showed up the day after I received the email the show was cancelled. I'm happy they just took care of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Received Aerosmith refund 4/17/2020. Refunded to CC used to purchase. Still waiting on Vegas.com for Eiffel Tower tickets

14. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cirque Love - rather quick, a few days after the official cancellation mail
    Atomic Saloon - it's been more than 30 days since their official cancellation and refund mail, still nada

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the usual Ticketmaster mail when Robbie Williams cancelled, but nothing back yet.

Think it has only been about 2 weeks, though.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  16. rourou

rourou Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had tickets for Robbie in early April. Those shows were cancelled in mid-March and I had my refund about a week later. I also had tickets for LOVE for the same trip. I forget when that was cancelled, was not long after Robbie, but I also got that refund pretty quickly. Possible that with everything now being cancelled everywhere, they are just taking longer to process refunds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the email said 'should expect to receive in 30 days', so I wasn't expecting it anytime soon.

I wouldn't want to be a customer service agent at present.

18. Burnsie

Burnsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I can ask a related question—how long should it take to get a hotel deposit refund?

I cancelled a June reservation at Reno's Silver Legacy a week ago, still no refund to my credit card.

19. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What date did you have tickets for?

20. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had a look today and my Robbie Williams refund is on my c/c.

Feels like free money :D