1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Has anyone else left the app?

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by gr8whitenorth, Mar 7, 2020.

1. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right off, I've no interest in starting a thread debating how evil Wynn was for the most recent changes to the crowns and VIP levels, but I am wondering has anyone actually walked away?

I have. I had 9k gems and about 1.9 billion coins. I am VIP Level 1 with 3531 crowns for 2 more days. I've spent nothing on the game nor will I. We are headed to Vegas in a few weeks so I booked 2 free buffet for my wife and I. Given the current rate of collection of crowns I am not going to continue with the app as there is no value in it for me. I get more than enough COMP rooms from Mlife//CET (this upcoming trip is 100% COMP for all nights). I definitely would have considered staying at Wynn for the experience but given the cost to get there it doesn't add up for me.

I know a HUGE number of people threatened to walk away but how many have? Now I am not deleting the app nor do I hold any sort of grudge towards Wynn; but I am not actively playing. When all is said and done my wife and I will enjoy a great strip buffet for 100% free so overall I'm happy enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked away once they made the first change, pretty much making it impossible to get a room without spending money. I had enough gems already, but I just didn't care.

3. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I log in daily to get my spin but have not actively played it since there was no chance to get to the next VIP level.
    The next round resets in like 2 days and then you have 90 days after that at any level.

I dont think too many people will completely abandon the game until those 90 days are up because currently most people can still at least claim a free buffet.
    Once that is not an option I can see many people walking away.

If they keep doing very frequent special events that have the platinum event giving 30.. there will still be a chance to hit level 1 without using real money. if that is the case.. I expect many will continue to play.
    If the special events start to slow.. people will slowly start to drop the game completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up

5. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played for awhile when the Wynn app first came out, but I gave up since all of these gaming apps takes up too much of my time for little in return. Currently, the only one I still play is MyVegas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been collecting spins and only once since the update did I play any games. Got one gold scratcher and of course it was for $3m.

7. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked hard when the VIP's first came out and spent a little to hit lvl 3 which I maintained this last 90 days. So I will have lvl 3 for another 90 days. Because of the change, I've booked one trip already and planning another within the 90 days and then will book one more before my lvl3 expires. I had stopped playing initially when this change came out but now that I'm planning 3 trips I need about 8000 more gems so I've started playing again just for that. I probably won't do anything after that but won't completely delete the app.

It's not any different than myvegas (i'm sitting on 4.7M LP's that I hardly use). But the deterioration of the benefits in the wynn app have been much more significant and at a much faster pace that I can see it being useless in short order.

I get enough comps for rooms (including Wynn from my last stay). If at some point I want a trip without a play requirement to maintain comps, I will see what it will take to use the app to get a room and see if it is worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the process of buying my way up to VIP Level 3. I plan on booking 3 nights for this summer and cash in on a couple of buffets across my two trips. After that I'll reassess where the games at, what rewards are available, and what I can get with little investment.

Using Up My Wynn Slots Gems
    First Time
  9. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played the Wynn app for a little bit.
    It was boring.
    I uninstalled within a week.

Do I regret?
    Maybe a little when I read about people staying 4 nights with no resort fee.
    .....but no, not really.

I barely even play MyVegas.
    Once daily on mobile through the email bonus link.
    Once weekly on mobile through myvegas advisor site links.
    Sometimes I play a game on max bet just to burn through some xp.

I have bought $3 on Caesars slots to keep my points alive.
    I do like that anything spent on the game shows up in your account.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

10. Michael Smith

Michael Smith High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still playing. I find the new format makes it easy to just keep spinning regardless of the scratcher events since they aren't worth much. The entire goal now is to earn gems—even at level 116 and with a bankroll which fluctuates between 1bill and 100mil I can get 50-100 a day. I've spent about $120 total and have already stayed five nights with 2 more booked later this month and enough gems for a 3 night stay in the summer. If I have to spend another $200 later in the year to get a November or December booking I think it's quite worth it. Of course, I'm retired and can monitor my phone for much of the day. If I had to work everyday, I probably would never have picked it up in the first place.

Saratoga and Del Mar, baby!
  11. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked away from the app.

Just not worth it for me, and I will not spend $200.00 on any game to get the so called "free rooms". But, that is just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Smith

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 nights of rooms that go for approximately $200 per night=$2,000. Game purchases=$320. Sure, not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't spend $$$ on any online gaming app

I started playing a bit just to play. I didnt even know I could earn buffets or rooms. After I realized that, I played a bit more.

But its a clunky interface. I'm not a fan of the limited bet-level-options. And when I do play as a free low-roller... the usual experience is to spend everthing available, run out of coins, to earn one or two gems. I'll never even earn a buffet.

So I haven't deleted the app yet, but I stopped playing about two weeks ago. Its a bore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Michael Smith there is no question that quoting as you did the price to buy versus the price via the game is easy enough to see there is value. That isn't the point of what I was discussing nor did I really want to get into that debate. I am not in any way trying to say you are not correct nor be argumentative. I was simply wondering who moved on the from the game. I am not also judging the changes Wynn made to it. It is their sandbox they can do what they choose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have my next trip booked and level 2 for 90 more days to get a couple more buffets max, then I'm done. I was planning to be done before the changes, because some change was always coming and the game was already requiring more active participation.

I've done well out of it, so not bitter. And if level 1 and buffets are truly the default as speculated I could in theory end up spinning minimally in future for a buffet here or there.

16. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped playing and collecting, but I won’t delete it until I use my buffets up in August. I don’t want to waste any more energy on it, including the energy to remember whatever password i used so I can re-install it. Just assume let it collect data on me until my buffets are gone, then I’m out.

Entire trip at my favorite hotel!
  17. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 4 nights booked at The Wynn for the opening weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament (booked prior to the changes), 26,000 gems, and 33 billion coins. I played one time since the change and lost 3 billion chips . I probably will not play much more, but will most likely pay to get to Level 3 during the next 90 day period to use up the rest of my gems on hopefully a trip or two.

18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortly after the latest decimation of the game I paid ~$75 to get to level 3 and booked 4 nights in July.

Now I just kind of collect the bonuses.

I’ve got 38 billion chips, 20,000 gems and no real reason to play until after July. We’ll see how much worse they make things by then...

19. Michael Smith

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, I get it. Sorry for being snarky. It's only worth it to me because in my dotage I have time to play and I don't really gamble much anymore so my old level of comps is pretty much non-existent, yet I still love to go to Vegas. But now it's on a pensioner's salary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I stopped playing a couple of months ago. I had 4 free nights last Fall & 2 buffets in January to use up most of my gems.