1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone been able to extend the CET Diamond Tier 3 airfare benefit?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jenblase, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I just toppled 80,000 tier credits yesterday and know that I'm entitled to a $750 airfare credit if I book through the travel department or whatever it's called. I already had made a comment to my local host that if I did happen to earn 80,000 tier credits, that I probably wouldn't be able to use the credit before March 31st when it expires and he said that I should find a way to use it because they can't extend it.

But then I had a different host approach me yesterday and when she brought up that I was close to 80,000 credits and made a comment like, "hey, who couldn't use $750 in free airfare?" I responded with, "well I can't, because I already have a trip in Vegas booked and already purchased my airfare a few months ago when I knew I was going." At which point she told me that I should have no problem extending the benefit to whenever I'd like to use it next year - she said it's called a modification, and they do it all of the time. Hmmmm. So, surprise surprise, conflicting information than what I got from my host.

I haven't called anyone yet since like I said, just crossed the threshold yesterday, so wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this. If you feel more comfortable PMing me, that's fine!

Thanks!
    Jen

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just get reimbursement for the airfare on the trip you already have booked?

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Because you have to book it with the special CET travel department.

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Correct.
    CET will book the airfare for you, they will not reimburse you.

You find the itinerary you want, give that to CET's Travel People (Flt#'s, departure times, etc...) and THEY BOOK IT FOR YOU, you will be responsible for any overages. You will give them your CC at the time of booking.

I did this for my NYE trip, for wife and I, after the was $750 applied, I still had to pay like $200pp

If you show up in LV or elsewhere expecting to get $750 cash, you're gonna be disappointed

5. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you booked with Southwest? Cancel those tickets and use the credit later. Use the diamond airfare credit for your upcoming trip.

6. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Nope, American and they have a cancellation fee.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.