1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs 3/13-3/17

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Steve in RI., Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

    Steve in RI. Low-Roller

    Sep 25, 2002
    Rhode Island
    Trips to Las Vegas:

    My Trip Report

    I just returned from my first trip to Las Vegas in over 3 years. It was my 4th trip overall, but the first time my brother went. Lots of interesting stuff, but I'll try to be brief:

    The flight from Providence was quite an adventure. It was the worst turbulance I've encountered in probably the 50 or so flights I've taken in my lifetime. After landing, my stomach did not feel right for a few hours. Not a good way to start, but at least we got in 45 minutes early. With the extra time, we took a shuttle instead of a cab to Harrah's. We asked for a quiet room, and stayed in the Carnival Tower on the 23rd floor. I could see most of the volcano at The Mirage, and the adjacent tower, and parking lot for Casino Royale. The room was clean and larger than the standard room I stayed at Flamingo on the last trip.

    After relaxing for a while, we headed downtown, eating at Main Street Station's buffet. Having throughly enjoyed the brunch buffet last time, I was a little dissapointed. The prime rib was quite bloody, and the dessert section wasn't that great. We enjoyed Fremont Street, gambling a little at most of the places. I found a nice 5 dollar BJ table at Fremont that paid 3-2, but couldn't get into a groove. Played a little VP back at Harrahs before retiring for the night.


    Had brunch at The Mirage Buffet. Used the 2 fof 1 in LVA, and well worth it. Very nice room. After that, we did some gambling at Ceasars, and checked out The Bellagio and Flamingo. That night we went to see LOVE. Sat in section 209. Thanks Gregrio for the seating info. I really enjoyed the show, as did Dan who is a big Beatles fan. I would rate it better than Love, but not quite as good as Mystere due to the recorded music. We ate at CPK before the show, and I wasn't very impressed. I guess I'm more used to the thick crust NY style pizza. After Love we walked of to TI for the pirate show. The special effects were cool, and some of the girls nice to look at, but its very cheesy, and most of the dialouge was pre-recorded. I couldn't find a 5 dollar table anywhere at Harrah's so I walked over to IP. At both places, almost all the BJ was the 6-5 variety. Yuck! It didn't matter as I got very few blackjacks or any winners for that matter. No matter what I played that day I had no luck.


    We were originaly scheduled to go to Laughlin for a free trip, but I balked at the idea of leaving at 7:30 AM, and not getting back to LV until 6PM. Maybe if I had another day in town. Dan and I split up after breakfast and I took a walk North on the strip. I played some $1.00 virtual BJ at Slots of Fun, which had better rules than most of the live tables. When the craps table near the street opened up, I had a good roll, and chisled out a modest profit. From there I went in the Riveria(not impressed) and then up to Sahara . I used the 50 dollars in promotion chips for 40 dollars from LVA, and doubled my buy in. Went back to Harrah's and took a brief nap. Took the shuttle over to The Rio, and ate at the World Buffet. It was my first time there, and did not dissapoint. Soo much to choose from. Gambled for a few hours after dinner, and went up to the VooDoo Lounge. Incredible view, but the drinks were way overpriced. At least we didn't have to pay a cover. After coming back to Harrah's I hit 4 of a kind on the only double down stud machine in the whole casino.


    Last full day. Had breakfast at Harrah's buffet. Wanted to go down to Paris, but slept too late. Went to Ballys, and hit a good 4 of a kind on a quarter double bonus machine. Unfortunantly, I gave most of it back after a dismal BJ session at Paris. Spent some time that afternoon at Harrah's Spa. Very small, and not worth the price of admission. I would have been better using the spa at another hotel. Tried to take a nap knowing I would be up all night, but couldn't sleep due to the noise in and outside of Harrah's. The walls are very thin, you could hear the toilets flushing in the nearby rooms. That was my only complaint about my stay there. We took the monorail down to MGM, and had probably the best meal of the trip at Boarder Grill in Mandalay Bay. With the 25 dollars off coupon, it was a good deal. From there, we walked up the strip, stopping in for some VP at Luxor, MGM and NYNY. Caught another fountain show at Bellagio, and went back to Ballys and hit another 4 of a kind. Went back to Harrah's and played more low stakes VP most of the night. Finally got a royal, but it was on the 1 cent hundred play machine, and only one line. For the trip I was probably up in the neighborhood of 100-150 bucks. Not my most succesful one, but I'll take it after being in the hole the first 2 days.


    After an early breakfast at The Cafe at Harrah's it was time to say goodbye to LV. The flight left on time, but arrived in Providence a little late due to no tail wind. At least the ride was smooth this time. I won't be gone for long, as I am planning to go with my wife for our anniversary in October. We already accepted an offer for 4 free nights at Paris. When Southwest releases their new schedule next week, I'll be looking for a good deal.
  2. VegasDiva

    VegasDiva VIP Whale

    Apr 23, 2009
    Calgary , Alberta , Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great relaxing trip
    the kind I usually do, hotel hop and gamble here and there, only on the slots tho, and take in the fountains and other attractions

    Glad the trip home wasn't as bumpy
  3. Tammy58

    Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

    Jun 16, 2004
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report..not surprised about the turbulance. Mom and aunt flew out of MHT the day after and it was very turbulent all the way. The flooding rains we had for days had a front that covered half the country...guessing that was the reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.