1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs “half shower” door!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Nov 17, 2021.

1. myki1117

myki1117 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    breanna61, your bathroom is beautiful and I love your shower. The main problem I have with the 1/2 wall shower in hotels is that the faucet is in the front under the shower head therefore you have to get in to turn on the shower then step back and hope it's not to hot or to cold and have to move back up to adjust. You solved that problem but putting them in the back half of the shower and can adjust temperature before you get fully wet. I turn the shower head toward the wall so the floor doesn't get wet but somehow it still happens.

2. Krussell1205

Krussell1205 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed here this past weekend. This is the worst doorless shower I have come across. It may look nice but it's a real POS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hated it. I switched to PH :)

January 8th - January 11th
    July 23rd - July 27th
  4. ineedavegasfix

ineedavegasfix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Exactly this! As long as the faucet is accessible before you get into the shower, then there is no problem. You can adjust the temperature before getting under the spray. It's the majority of the 1/2 door showers where you have to step inside in order to turn the shower on...those ones I hate! Brrrr!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I make it a point to turn the nozzle towards the wall before I turn on the water to resolve the "getting wet with cold water" issue.

Palazzo - break before 2nd HGS weekend
    HGS Weekend #2!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not some new development - and other places like Park MGM have half shower doors too. Other hotels I've stayed at elsewhere (other than Vegas) also have this too.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/617859/why-hotel-shower-doors-are-getting-smaller

Turn the nozzle, adjust the shower head, and have piping hot water. And if this was such an agonizing problem, I doubt it would be such a widespread remodel.

But yeah, PHo is already better with a tub by default. Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen that glass wall, no door setup in a smaller shower. I've experienced it in some larger stalls, where I could take a step or two once inside. Seems to me I would be an opportunity to flood the bathroom floor

I think there are a few reasons for this no-moving-door setup. One is space. A swinging door needs space. Smaller stalls, the door needs to swing out, can hit a toilet or vanity, etc. Another reason is that doors get misaligned, don't close right, etc. Hinges are maintenance items. Anything a hotel does need to check, replace routinely is a savings. Sliders either need a bottom track,, which is a trip hazard, potential cut, are rarely perfectly clean, etc.. or a top only hanging tracks which is expensive, and there's the maintenance issue.

I'm considering a bathroom remodel at home. Considered a half glass wall. Decided against because of potential splashing from the handheld shower wand.

I can relate to the temperature concern. I'm cold when I step out from under the water in the Cosmo I bedroom walk-through shower to soaking tub setup. Just getting a towel two steps away is a chilly prospect.

WTF?! Who Leaves LV Saturday and Flies Back Wednesday?!
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    • Like Like x 1