1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Happy Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my first Mother's Day without my mom. She passed away May 8th 3 days after her 85th Birthday. She had a big stoke a few days prior and had been on Hospice just 5 days. I am lucky being a nurse I already knew her Hospice nurses and they took good care of her and me too.

With all the stories out there with the me first mentality I take great pleasure in knowing she was never like that. Dementia had ravaged her mind and the woman I knew was long gone. I miss the woman who taught me morals and values-- instilled in me strength and gentility. One year my parents couldn't afford new Easter dresses and my mom took apart her old wedding dress and made my sister and me beautiful dresses.

As a teenager - I was rebellious - extremely I caused her such sadness- it is a grief I will always live with. It is my big one regret. She deserved so much more than the little bitch I had temporarily become.

Kiss your Mom today and tell her that you love her. Life is just a vapor, it is gone before you know it. make her proud.

Caesars Palace My 59th Birthday - but who's counting?
  2. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Mothers day to
    all mothers among VMB members,
    all VMB member's mothers,
    and all VMB member's children's mothers!

3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try not to beat yourself up over your one big regret. I have a feeling that your mom has forgiven you a million times over because that's what moms do. They love and forgive.

Yes, today I will visit my mom and tell her I love her. I lived my whole life trying to make her proud. I like to think I've accomplished that and it saddens me now in her old feeble age that my siblings, in my opinion, has never ever made a decent effort to do so.

Wishing all moms a Happy Mothers Day.

4. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Mother's Day to all moms!

5. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know where you are coming from. I list my mother last fall to dementia. She was 86.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.