1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Happy birthday Myvegas quest

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kevstf, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that case, today is the highest play requirement so far, which surprises me because I thought they'd lighten up on a weekday. My max potential scratch results today (Monday) are 7.5k+60k+300k, so now we're down to only a 7% potential return, and I would guess that your 90% payback estimate is slightly high, although I don't have much evidence.

For such heavy play, the daily 2k LP limit looms large. I should never attempt math, but let's say I play Lucky Birds or equivalent at 1000 per spin. I calculate that I'll max out my LPs at 1.2 mil wagered, or 1.6 if I'm at a very high level. Since the quest requires 5.25 mil, the majority of my play will be unrewarded in that category. (Of course I can still earn LPs from level-ups.)

Yes, I know it's a free game, but I think I'll wait for a better opportunity.

2. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did very well today, ended up gaining quite a few chips today, and a few level ups as well

3. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday, July 29, maximum scratch values: 10k+30k+400k = 440k

Someone on Facebook posted today's XP requirement: 6.275 mil XP

Potential return is about 7%, same as yesterday.

4. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wednesday, July 30, maximum scratch values: 6+60+144=210k

I can't find anyone reporting the exact XP requirement, but the general comments are negative, so today is probably not a good day to play.

5. kayden

kayden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The further the quest goes on, the less I am playing! Maybe they are hoping that people drain their chips before a bonus XP challenge is released.

6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And then feel compelled to buy chip packages. And their plan works. I have read on FB where many people have purchased over $500 in chip packages just so they can play these quests and challenges.

Me? I just hoard or play when I feel like it.

7. cyaroll

cyaroll Newbie

so true. but then again... why invest 500 in the game if you can just use that to go to vegas.

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Facebook group says just over 3 mil XP for today. Certainly doable but after clearing the first 2 days and being up almost a million chips, I'm going back to hoarding and will wait for a double event.

9. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. The MyVegas Friends group has good stats being posted. I forgot to look there.

From days 1 to 5 (Friday to Tuesday), the rewards increased gradually, while play requirements increased drastically. Potential return percentage declined from 13% to 7%.

For days 6 & 7 (Wednesday & Thursday), both rewards and play requirements were reduced proportionally, maintaining a 7% potential return.

Everything else equal, days with low play requirements are somewhat more attractive because the gold-coin completion bonus is fixed (at 750).

10. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

As the days go on, I'm getting rocked. I usually bet 5% of my chips per slot pull then if I go below 20k I would play BJ to test my luck and see if I can get it back up to 30 or 40k. This worked for the first couple days and I got to the 500 LP points but the last couple days has been brutal to say the least and I've been getting murdered both on BJ and slots.

11. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's reported that they finally increased the (potential) return % today, increasing to 8% after being stuck at 7% for many days. 446k is available for a little over 5.5 million XPs played, but don't attempt it unless you're sure you can finish, as there's not much value in the first two scratch cards.

12. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've completed the quest every day and increased my chip count almost every day, sometimes significantly. Gone from under 800K chips when the quest started to about 3.5M chips, all on Excalibur 2. Maybe I'm just having a lucky week.

13. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I notice it is really a streak you have to be on, I've had days that I get 2/3 bonus rounds per 200 spins, however I've had days as well that I couldn't catch a bonus if my life depended on it.
    I mostly play Bet Rock, but I try to mix it up now with Excalibur 2

14. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another day where you exceed the 2000 LP limit before you can finish the quest. They need to do something about it.

15. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I used to stick exclusively to the 1,000 and 1,200 'optimum' bets but if you're intent on finishing the quests, there's no point because especially in the later days you'll hit the 2,000 LP limit before you finish.

I've got a healthy chip count right now so it's worth betting the extra to get the 750 LP for finishing. 750 LP X 12 days = 9,000 extra LP that I wouldn't have had without the quest finishing bonuses.

16. VegasPlayerGirl

VegasPlayerGirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I've noticed is that certain games pay off on certain days at certain times. Try playing some of the other games. Go for 10 spins and if you don't make a substantial payoff, get out of that game and try another one. I've been able to get through this challenge so far without buying any chips by doing that. Good luck!

17. thunderdave

thunderdave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read about this 2000 LP limit before, but I've never been limited.
    For the past month, I've increased my LP's over 10,000/day.

18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 2000 from spinning (the little gold meter that fills up in the bottom left corner). You are not limited in the amount of LP you get from leveling up, collecting from the strip, etc.

Also, I think if you purchase chip packages, the 2000 LP limit gets lifted for like a week or so.

19. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little bit more incentive to try the last day of the quest.

960,000 total chips when you complete today. Per the Facebook group, it takes about 8.3M XP and is about an 11% return. Much better than the typical 7% or 8%.

20. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just finished this quest. It seems like myvegas was extremely tight and it cost me about 700k chips to finish the quest.

After I finished the second step in the quest, the return per spin was quite bad. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing.

I've never seen it that bad before. I had a ton of bonuses, but they were all terrible. Every single one of them.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.