1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Handicapped Accessible Suites

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RedRiverRose, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there are any hotels on the strip (I prefer CET properties) that have handicapped accessible suites or large rooms? We need the space to maneuver the power chair.

Also in the bathroom we need at least one side of the toilet to be free of any blockage so the power chair can be positioned beside the toilet (some hotels have toilets in a small room or the counter and/or walls are right next to the toilet - we can't do a front transfer).

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tend to stay at either Paris or Planet Hollywood. Both of them show Accessible room options on my rate calendar. On our visit last week, we were originally booked in an Accessible Petite Suite at Paris. We ended up switching to a different suite as we didn't need the Accessible option. Sorry, I can't comment on the actual rooms other than that I see them available at those properties.

3. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for info. I will check on the accessible petite at Paris. I find that accessible means bars by the toilet or around the tub and that is really not accessible to some handicapped patrons. If I call I find the CSR's can't really answer my questions most of the time. Wish they would post more photos of the bathroom on the site so you can actually see how it is laid out.

I appreciate your response.

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know which CET hotels offer those accommodations, but if you end up looking at other properties, I can name some for you

5. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please give me some names. I'm not stuck at Caesers, but it would be free or a greatly reduced rate. To get the space we need we can go anywhere. Thanks for your help.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call about the bathroom issue to be certain, but I have seen disability accessible suites at Aria, Bellagio, and Wynn. Also, though not labelled a disability suite, I know my partner had no problem navigating a motorized chair in and out of a wraparound suite at Cosmo when we stayed there once when she had a broken ankle. Good luck

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rush Tower has some rooms with good open planned bathrooms, as opposed to the normal rooms with a water closet.

They gave me the same room for 3 summers (14204), which had the low bath. I believe they also have ~5 fully ADA rooms, not just the lower bath and open bathroom.

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Seasons and Mandalay Bay have disability accessible suites.

Annual NYE trip!
  9. ktncpa98

ktncpa98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed in them, but PH, Bally's, and Linq have handicap accessible rooms. For whatever reason, when I log on it always gives me the handicap rooms. Bally's has multiple options for sure. If you are on full website mode, there is an option on right side to turn it on/off to see what is available. In my case I toggle it on and off trying to get regular rooms.

10. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys room are 450 square foot. not a suite but larger than most and i had no issue when I went and had a scooter. I have some mobility can hobble around so not in a position to need direct transfer. The bed closest to the window you should have no issue transferring as you can move the bench type thing they have in the room to clear more room. I do recall the toilet being open on one side as your needs. Transfer seats for the shower. We had Jubilee room both times but from what i hear the new rooms are set up the same.

11. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great as the transfer to the toilet is crucial. Thanks

12. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the accessibility button and usually rooms for the hearing impaired pop up. I can hear but can't walk. No photos show the bathroom with regard to the position off the toilet (usually the tub, shower or vanity is shown). In accessible rooms it would be most helpful if photos showed the entire bath photo so that it can be evaluated for specific needs. Thanks for the info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know I will check it out. Thanks

14. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good info. I will follow up. Thanks

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The room I had was in this tower, and the bathroom was the same as this, but a slightly lower bath, and the wall of the water closet wasn't there.

The toilet is open to the rest of the bathroom, so as to make it easy to transfer etc.

16. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may need to verify this at registration. At Ballys I have gotten mobility roll-in and had the bench in the shower. Same at Suncoast and no bench just a roll-in shower, but they brought a bench in for me to use.
    Also I mention this most times when I make a handicap accessible post dont be afraid for your companion to go downtown if you all want. The Deuce and SDX are both very handicap friendly. The only issue I had on scooter is I had to back onto the SDX because they want you facing forward on that bus and there wasnt room to spin around on board.

Best of luck.

17. BethGarden

BethGarden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed in almost all of the Caesars' accessible rooms. They have them at all of their hotels but our most recent stays were at Bally's and Caesars Palace. Both rooms are large but obviously the Caesars rooms are fancier. We prefer Bally's. We do get a suite with a roll in shower with seat that can be lowered or raised and handheld and regular showerheads.. The bathroom with the toilet is separate and large but the door opens inward and might be a problem closing for privacy. There are rails on the side and back behind the toilet.

We have also stayed at the Golden Nugget with mixed results. We had stayed in a Gold Tower accessible room for several years with no problems but when they remodeled they took out all the accessible features(bars low sinks, etc.) but still insisted they were accessible.Not sure if these have been changed back but I doubt it. We have also stayed in Rush Tower accessible but they are very often hard to reserve. They have made some great steps forward at the pool though adding three new lifts(one for hot tub and two more for the pool). In the past they only had one portable and you had to wait for a guard to get it and help you use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.