1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guy Fieri Restaurant(s) in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by nhanna45, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of Guy Fieri and want to try one of his restaurants. I think there is only one in Vegas but not sure where it is at. Has anyone ate there and is it any good? How about prices? Thanks!

2. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I'm not a huge fan of his place at the Linq. Sure, the location is great and it makes a good lunch / hold you over meal, but it just never really satisfied me. Certainly didn't feel like commensurate with caliber of his name. The bloody mary's there are fantastic, though. And, the people who I've met there have been great. With that said, for the money, I'd rather do hash a go go.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  3. mganut

mganut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been to his restaurant at the Linq on one of our earlier trips and plan to visit it again later this year.

Decent prices, outgoing table servers and excellent comfort food served up in a great location.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to the one at the Linq, he has a Mexican inspired restaurant at the Rio. Can't comment on the food. Never tried his food but I do like searching out the restaurants he features on his shows.

I find his prices are geared towards the everyday person. He's never been about fine dining. But it's also Vegas so there's gonna be a premium. His menus, with prices, can be found on the Linq and Rio's hotel websites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one in the Rio is called el burro burracho (the drunk donkey).
    It's pretty decent, foods good with large portions. Servers are attentive and helpful. Prices are ok for Vegas.

It can get busy at times and only opens for dinner. No lunch service when I was there in June.
    If you are at the rio it's worth checking out.
    David

6. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Guy's once - Since we had a comp, we ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, the flat Iron steak and the Cedar-planked Salmon. Both were excellent, and not too expensive. We really liked it.

Two things: We noticed a few instances where the other guests got the wrong order ("I ordered the Mac and Cheese hamburger, not this something-else hamburger"). Seemed to be more than a few mix ups.

The other thing was the cute bus girls (appeared to be under 21 or so). They roamed back and fourth in the aisles, but NEVER made eye contact with us to see if we wanted anything (like water, maybe?).

The waiters were fine, and the food was good. I would go again someday, if I could tear myself away from Big Elvis' show next door at Harrah's.

- bcc

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there for breakfast a number of times. Love the french toast with candied bacon. I had a sub-par experience in 2016, but on my most recent trip about a month or so ago the quality seemed to pick up again.

8. g35girl

g35girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past weekend was our second time there and like our first visit, it was excellent. Great food, great service, huge portions, ok prices.

The Trash Can Brisket Nachos are excellent are definitely enough for several.

9. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It isn't top of the line by any means, but the mac and cheese burger is phenomenal. The trash can nachos are pretty good as well...as stated above, the bloody marys are excellent too.

10. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be honest - and contrary to what seems like popular opinion above - I really wasn't impressed! I went to the one attached to the Linq last year.

We went just as it was turning Lunch time and it was pretty quiet. The menu was reasonably limited and considering all the burger alternatives and hash house so close I was expecting something better.

The food is average - good but the price isn't amazing. The portions are huge which is maybe why the price isn't great however I would rather pay more for something smaller with a higher quality.

Its ok I guess, not on my list to revisit however if you are a Guy fan I'm sure its worth going too once.

11. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is Guy Fieri's Burger Joint and Pig N Anchor BBQ on the cruise ship I'm taking out of New Orleans. I'll have to leave a review on both of them as I'm sure I'll be eating brisket and a burger for lunch a few times. I'm sure on a cruise ship it won't compare to his land based restaurants, but I like those casual type dining options for lunch. There's a Cantina restaurant as well with all types of Mexican food I'm excited about as last cruise I think the only thing I ate from the buffet was items from the taco bar. I thought the buffet on Princess sucked and dining room wasn't much better. It definitely was a geriatric cruise and though Carnival is definitely a step down from Princess, I think the food options look better and more activities for my children.

12. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried his restaurant at the Linq a couple of years back. Keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of DDD. However, I was disappointed with his restaurant.
    The food wasn't bad. However, I thought that there were too few choices on the menu. Nothing really grabbed me.
    I'm glad I went, but it was a one and done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ktncpa98

ktncpa98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE the tatted up turkey at the vegas kitchen and bar at the linq. It is amazing. The TR app got me a free mimosa back in April with it. I haven't been to the one at the RIo.

14. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there once right when it opened and we thought it was ok (liked the fries and mac and cheese burger-and they had great milkshakes then, since deleted from the menu). We've been back since and we thought it was aggressively average and overpriced, with indifferent service. We'll not go back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I make sure to stop in eat there every time that we are in Vegas. She gets the Motley Q sandwich and I always get the Bacon Mac & Cheese Burger. We have always eaten at the Bar and the service has always been good. :thumbsup:

16. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just checked out the bloody mary menu.... just added that to my list... do i dare do the bolo?

17. ktncpa98

ktncpa98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had great service in the restaurant and on the patio. And let's be honest, you don't always get good service when you are alone.

18. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My cousin and I ate at the one at Rio
    "GUY FIERI'S EL BURRO BORRACHO RESTAURANT"
    Saturday night. I will be publishing a review (with pictures) shortly.

Well, Canada and Massachusetts are closed, back to Lake Tahoe
    Oh what the heck, I've got vacation and myVegas points to burn. . . .
  19. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Guy and his place at Linq. I have been a couple times, the place can be a bit crowded, though there is outdoor seating, which depending on the season could be good or bad. The food was what you would expect and I found it good. Prices where a bit higher than other places, but overall I liked my experience. I would go back.

20. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True story. Walked by it last week and there was puke right next to Guy's outside patio. Of course, someone walking by made a funny comment about the quality of his food, which made me notice it.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.