1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gun range

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by back to vegas, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. back to vegas

back to vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in 2012, when I was researching gun ranges in Vegas, I found information on a shooting experience not too far from Vegas. I seem to remember it was out in the desert somewhere, maybe a 2-3 hour drive from Vegas. They did a package where you could shoot guns through the years - I'm thinking like Civil War to present. Does anyone know anything about this? I have been wearing out Google with no success so I'm thinking it may not exist anymore but I'd really like to find it again if it does. Thanks!

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think OP is referring to the one ACMike went to in this trip report: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?120649-Sun-Fun-Guns-and-Video-Poker-May-13-17-Trip-Report&highlight=

Pro Gun Club in Boulder City. He mentions reactive targets, and those are indeed a whole lot of fun. Battlefield Vegas looks horribly overpriced, but yeah they do have those 'themed' packages as well.

I've gone to my local ranges about 40 or 50 times in the last year and outdoor is a lot more fun, especially with rifles. Of course the best is just shooting on someone's land, or better yet some public land (which Nevada has tons of). But you'd need your own guns for that.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. back to vegas

back to vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks you both! I think the Pro Gun Club is closer to what I found several years ago, but I will let the boys decide what they want to do, I'll be at the spa :) I'm sure my husband would love to bring his own guns, but I don't want to deal with the logistics of that since we will be flying.

5. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    logistics aren't that big a deal

6. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's like checking a bag plus one extra step. If they shoot at home then I'd question why you'd even want to pay the inflated Vegas prices, unless your local ranges don't rent machine guns or .50 BMG rifles.

7. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep..the inflated ammo price for both of those 2 in Vegas makes it a no-go for me
    and I doubt they let you BYOB there

8. ecanem

ecanem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to battlefield Vegas this July for a bachelor party and we all had a blast. Yeah it's not cheap but it was tons of fun for all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.