1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grocery store nearby?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TRN, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need to find a real grocery store that a cab/Uber can take me to/from. Every freaking time I try to do this, all I get is some ethnic specialty grocery store. I'll even pay to go a little further for a real supermarket grocery store like the kind I shop in at home. Any suggestions for me (staying at Vdara on the strip)? Is there a go-to favorite here and I always get the cabbie who wants to take me too far (or to his family store)? Would be easier if I could just say "go to XXXXXXXX" instead of asking for a suggestion.

THANK YOU.

2. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to google maps there is an Albertsons about 2.5 miles away on E. Flamingo Rd.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vons will deliver to your door

5. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grocery delivery to my door? What will they think of next? :)

That sounds ideal. Thank you for the links and suggestions in the thread.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to these stores on your list:

The first one, Albertsons at Tropicana and Jones, is the one I go to now, for the last several trips. Nice and big, clean, full selection of everything, including bakery and produce. It's a couple of miles further away than the others. There's also a CVS in the same plaza if you need something that Albertsons didn't have.

The Albertsons at Flamingo & Maryland Parkway was a cramped scuffy shithole the last time I was in it.

The Vons at Tropicana & Maryland Parkway was a little bigger and cleaner than the crappy Albertsons up the street, but not much, it's still a small store by today's standards.

I've done Vons delivery a few times too and it worked OK, but with Uber/Lyft being so cheap, it's better to just keep the whole process under your own control, get exactly what you want and not have to wait for the delivery guy. Also the last couple of times I used them, very common items would mysteriously go in and out and back in stock between when I ordered and when delivery was scheduled, so I was never confident I was going to get the entire order.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Swipe your phone over a sensor when you enter. Sensors on store shelves detect what you pick up and put in your bag. Walk out the doors and your Amazon account is charged. No cashier, no cash register, no waiting in line.

Staff is notified of purchases and re-stocks shelves accordingly.

Their having problems with it; it can only handle a dozen or so customers right now and it's only available to Amazon employees but give it another 5 years ish?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.