1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Green light into sadness

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Tru2Vegas, Oct 12, 2019.

1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been quite a few threads on this subject. From what I remember, a big negative was the lack of quality health care in the area.

Freedom Fest 2020
  2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several hospitals and clinics have been built over the last few years and I don't think it's as big a negative as it used to be.

TomTWI

• Like Like x 1
  3. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regardless of the number of facilities, healthcare in Las Vegas is in the bottom five in the country. You can check Healthgrades online if you like which is ratings for all US Hospitals that provide care for Medicare patients. You can also look at ratings on Leapfrog which is a quality watchdog. You won't find LV hospitals with high rankings on either. Part of the problem is HCA dominance in the marketplace. When this for profit system isn't fighting legal challenges for fraud, they are figuring out new ways to funnel money back to Nashville and away from the communities they serve. The lack of LV healthcare quality is surpassed in incompetence only by our 50th rated Nevada educational system. Welcome to paradise.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mississippi of the West?

5. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are reaching for the stars in our efforts to vault past Mississippi into 49th place.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will say from personal experience that the healthcare system in Las Vegas leaves an enormous amount to be desired. Emergency/urgent-care medicine, in particular, has been nothing but frustrating. It reminds me of the health insurance at one of my old companies -- it was fine as long as you didn't get sick. What I find most frustrating is the administrative incompetence; I'm sure the doctors themselves are decent (and the nurses were truly awesome), but they have no idea how to navigate their own system.

For what it's worth, I've had far better, cheaper, and more efficient dental care in Vegas than I did back east. And my PCP is fine for routine stuff (though I use telehealth for a lot these days). But the hospital system is really far behind.

• Informative Informative x 2