1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Desert and no bathroom door?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Brookeer, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brookeer

Brookeer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have recently been looking at photos of the resort we are staying at in a few weeks. My only problem is that some photos show a completely open bathroom on the 1 bedroom deluxe unit. While I am fine with openness after 20 years with my husband, I draw the line on no privacy for the toilet. I called the resort and spoke to the front desk who told me that most 1 bedrm deluxe units do not have doors on the bathrooms and if I want privacy then I should go to a 2 bdrm....what? Is it really too much to ask for a door by the toilet? Any experience with 1 bdrm deluxe?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's fucked up....I'd find another place to stay..I mean, what else? If you want towels get a 2 br? If you want working lights, get a 2 br? Pass. Too many places to choose from out there.

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
  3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree F'ed up. I have no desire to see my wife poop/wipe while I'm brushing my teeth. Or vice versa I'm sure.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, it's intended for two people who are quite intimate! :)

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    utterly senseless!

6. Timbuck

Timbuck Low-Roller

Go take a steamer in the hotel lobby.

7. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Much like our stay at Planet Hollywood many years ago. Nice rooms but odd shaped. From bedroom to the head was a round walkway around tub, no doors.
    Not just that but had room overlooking the strip and at that time there was an ad for one of their performers outside and with NO curtains on the windows. Much too bright.

8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to recall that there was a "toilet room" with door in the bathroom. But that was in a two-bedroom (the master suite in the two bedroom). The rest of the bathroom was open to the bedroom. I can't imagine that they'd have the toilet sitting out in the open on the one-bedroom version if that bathroom is also completely open to the bedroom. But then again we're talking about Wyndham, so anything goes.

The builder we bought our house from also didn't believe in closed bathrooms on the floorplan we got. So we spent about $200 extra and had them put in a door..

9. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bathroom with the sink and tub is open to the room with no door, but it looks like the toilet has a door.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.