1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

GR Fish and Chips at the Linq promenade

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Canuckgem, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas next week and was thinking about trying the fish and chips. I've watched a couple of youtube videos that show the outside of this place but wasn't able to see the entry door well enough to determine if it would be easily accessible with a mobility scooter. Can anyone tell me if they have the automatic door thingy's so I can get my scooter in, or is there a secure area to leave my scooter while I go in and place my order? Thanks so much for your help.

2. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if they have an automatic door.
    All the times I've walked by there has been a long line. So there should be people around to hold the doors for you.

3. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't believe they have the automatic door but maybe a ramp on the right side (not sure). The place is pretty small but if you can get your scooter in the doors then you should have space inside. Again depending on the size of your scooter, might not have space to maneuver after placing your order and perhaps have to go in reverse. Made a quick sketch from memory - definitely not to scale but hopefully could give you an idea of the inside.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time we walk by GR Fish & Chips it is so mobbed and crowded that we just keep walking. There are plenty of other Fish & Chips places around, including other G Ramsey restaurants and also Joe's, a nice sit down place in the Forum shops, with more fish for about the same price as GR.

- bcc

5. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the fish & chips about 10 days ago and I found it to be quite flavorless. I won't be back as I can get much better fish and chips here at home.

6. GamblingGranny

GamblingGranny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was delicious! We had such a nice time sitting outside eating and people watching there.

7. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go across the street from Wynn to the unlikely destination of the Grand Lux Cafe in Palazzo for some of the best fish and chips I've ever had, in the U.S. or the U.K. Go figure. Trust me on this-every part of the meal is perfect, right down to the malt vinegar if you want it. Yum. Three weeks to go................sigh.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great meal at Gordon Ramsey's Fish & Chips. I would definitely go back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree-pretty decent also.

10. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a great place for a light quick meal. I really enjoyed the fish and chips and I am not a big fish eater.

11. THE FLYING V

THE FLYING V Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always have at least one lunch there when we're in Vegas. Love the artisan ketchup, and the lightly breaded fish. However, it is always packed with a line up, and the narrow aisle would not be conducive to a scooter. If you have someone who can go in and order for you, there are accessible tables outside, and if they're full, we just hit the steps across the way going into the Linq.

12. SpinyNorma

SpinyNorma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it when I was there last year. I was kind of disappointed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't all that good either, although it might be largely that my expectations were set high on this since I really love his burger place in Planet Hollywood. It was pretty crowded every time I went by it, sometimes very crowded, but the time I ate there the line moved pretty well. The aisle was pretty narrow as I recall. You might be able to get a scooter in there but I'd think you'd have trouble maneuvering.

13. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a much different experience there. For $14.99 you get a ton of food (3 pieces of fish and a ton of fries + drink and two dipping sauces). Not the best fish and chips I've ever had but I think its a great value and above average food.

14. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone compare the flavor and quality to Ellis Island's fish and chips?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.