1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Got a new cosmo tier

Discussion in 'Comps' started by broncofn, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hardly play at cosmo but just got an email that they bumped me to sterling but do not know what it is. It does say i get 1 nite comp per year even though i still get comped rooms, 2/1 wicked spoon, 2x slot multiplier but i do not play slots and a vip dedicated phone line for reservations.

Dont really care for the cosmo but found it kind of weird since it was out of the blue.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got to Sterling on my last trip, mainly from hotel spend than anything else. It is nice to have 1 free night pretty much whenever I want it though.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it is like pearl and gold with MGM, correct? Just found it kind of odd that I recieved the email.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just read another thread about cosmo identity. Sterling is basically like pearl/gold with MGM or Platinum with CET. Just like I thought, the email was worthless based on what I already receive.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got this last year and free night is good on weekends even! Saved me almost $500 on a Fri to sun stay in june

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be part of some new marketing. I just got an email saying I was now platinum (at least I think it was platinum; I deleted it pretty quickly). I guess that's nice but the "benefits" the email said I was now entitled to, I already get much better from my host

I Need Spa
  7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I was thinking. I already receive(d) these benefits but honestly havent really shown much action at the cosmo besides some bj in the regular high limit room.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the free nights with the status to tack onto the ones I get via email offer. I'm not enough a big enough player for a upfront comp from a host but they send me offers via mail on the regular. Would be nice if they offering exclusive check in line or a diamond lounge type of place.

9. Lanai18

Lanai18 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Received the same email. I think that and 1.5 gets us a cup

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, my only guess is that its part of the new marketing efforts my host mentioned to me last month. At least Cosmo is trying

I Need Spa
  11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you seen the updates to the identity program? It's kind of sending mixed signals. Increased needed coin in on slots buts reduced it on vp. Now no points given for table games. But I assume if you're a tables player you will still get your offers appropriate for your betting level. Shifter mentioned a hist can hook you up with a plat card if warranted.

12. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my bump today. Has to be from my spending on the last trip, unless it is just marketing. I know I was close with my gaming maybe 1k off. But I did put every dinner and other stuff on my card.

Either way I am happy. I usually cannot get Fri or Sat nights comped on my offer. So this will give me for flexibility for planning purposes.

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got my email literally minutes ago. As of early Feb I was still getting 3x at slots so that means I was Gold I assume. This is what mine looked like

Capture.jpg

But my GF whom hit Sterling in early Feb and got her new card at that time just got an email today saying 'Welcome to Sterling'

Capture2.jpg

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. I could never tell you what the program entitled me to previously, nor can I tell you what I get now. I know my card let's me cut line at the buffet, lol. That's all I know its good for. Everything else, I go through my host. She already gives me everything I want, so I don't pay attention to the details of my tier level

I Need Spa
  15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They lowered the threshold for Sterling and Platinum, and made it effective immediately.

So they're trying to send emails to people who were between 4,000 and 4,999 to tell them they're Sterling now, and people who were between 50,000 and 79,999 that they're Platinum.

But obviously they didn't program it right, in the case of Bayou's GF, she was already Sterling.

And in my case, it's inaccurate because I have 12,000 points, but the email says now I'm "even closer" to the next tier. Which is not true for anybody above 5,000, because the threshold for Gold didn't change. (not to mention I'm now $20,000 coin in away from Gold instead of $12,000)

16. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're no longer accumulating identity points which can be cashed in for free play for comps. Basically like mgms express comps but you can redeem for free play at same rate as comps. Despite not being able to hit tiers with only table play you'll be taken care of relative to your betting level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.